We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

£1000 enough for 2 week vacation

Dundee, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
£1000 enough for 2 week vacation

hi im just throwing caution th the wind but when i go on vacation i always bring more money than i need to but will £1000 gbp be enough amount for a 2 week vacation in philippines i dont need a hotel etc as that is taking care of and im not flash i plan on living like the locals etc but i maybe being over cautious ? also im staying with my fiancee family and i was going to offer to pay for my board but she said that is not nessary as i am a guest so what other ways can i so my grtaitude to them in the ways of gifts ? without causing offence or embaressment etc ?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,199 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: £1000 enough for 2 week vacation

There is no point me posting any more. Apparently, we are only entiteled to the opinion of sole2soultravel

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: £1000 enough for 2 week vacation

Thank you.

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: £1000 enough for 2 week vacation

Sole, I can see anything offensive with what you wrote and it's true that not everyone in the Philippines is poor and will appreciate cheap booze or rice. If the family one marries in is a typical Bacolod family they will consider breeding important. That's how it is there. And that needs to be taken into account. If that is not the case on other islands and the family is poor that is then a different matter.

Q

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: £1000 enough for 2 week vacation

Sorry, it should read that I can't see anything offensive.....

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: £1000 enough for 2 week vacation

Thanks...

Much ado over nothing...

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: £1000 enough for 2 week vacation

*about

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: £1000 enough for 2 week vacation

If you are staying with the family, its wise to offer money (or rice). You presence will "disturb" their daily routine. They will mind what to feed you & will always be attentive to your comfort & will always be there so that you will not be bored.

Discuss that with your gf. Through her, you offer your "share" of expenses. There is no harm in trying.

18. Re: £1000 enough for 2 week vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Bacolod
Recent Conversations