We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

Panay Island...
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

Hi,

can anyone tell me bout' new bars / restaurants / shops in iloilo?

Thanks....

philippines usually
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

there is a new restaurant area at one end of robinsons mall downtown with a few places. many restaurants and bars on the left side of the highway on the way to and near the big sm mall. a lot of the same places that are in bacolod are here mo2 ,imays ,butot balat etc

ryd
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

The Mango Tree in mandurriao has a nice classy ambiance.

i havent eaten there but had a beer and mango crepe, i think their specialty is "bulalo" but i dont really know what it is.

I like the grilled chicken of Barrio Inasal and their Crispy pata is so tender that its melts off the bone.

Panay Island...
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

thanks guys! well, still im a big Tatoy's fan though... i like the one in villa... although nes- and tats arent bad either...

a friend told me about Messe restaurant somewhere in Muelle Loney (overlooking the River).. have you been there dakoilong?

and this mongolian place at rob. mall?

Yes, a long time that mo2 branched out in Iloilo... but i still patronize Plazo at Del Rio though...

again, as for "manokan", Nena's I still is unbeatable...

Iloilo, Philippines
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

I have been to Messe and like it, but it is hardly new. It has been around for over a year. Warning: they are building a new bridge there over the river and the traffic is worse because to the construction around UPV for the new overpass. Traffic can get quite bad nowadays.

Afrique's is not a new restaurant but they have opened up, months ago, a new branch, in front of the Hotel del Rio, really just part of the same complex.

Smallville always seems to be getting new restaurants

philippines usually
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

i pass through iloilo but only stay when stuck. mongolian in robs is kublai khan. its ok. food seems cheaper in iloilo than bacolod and more choice. read the local papers and try the hotel buffets, i never stop long enough

Panay Island...
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

Thank you! we plan on staying at Del Rio.. so Afriques is a must try..

and Messe too... =) as always, Iloilo never fails to disappoint me with traffic congestion.... such narrow roads though.. compared to Bacolod for instance... or maybe just some parts of downtown iloilo i presume?

yes dakoilong, i noticed that the prices on commodities and fine dining in Iloilo is much cheaper than Bacolod....

we'll definitely try kublai at rob... salamat again..

it seems that my excitement for Boracay is scaling low.. with all these resto's in I.C. and B. C. ................(nah...!) =)

philippines usually
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

i have made a point of trying a few new restaurants recently in bacolod, i have been going to the same places too much so have made a point of visiting a few places new and old. me and the mrs have been eating japanese a lot recently. kaisei is always good and good value, and they have a new rairaiken , http://www.rairaiken.com.ph/ ,in the new SM. having never tried inaka on lacson street we have tried the last 2 weeks to get in on wednesday ( buffet night so we can try a bit of everything) but last week it was a private party and last night it was full, and i refuse to wait in the rain was so we went to bobs east (the old "brick pit" near homesite) . i will try inaka in 2 weeks, as next week i am in thailand (i love thai food). a new place for cheap filipino food is the new "entings of sagay" near el fisher hotel. very good value good food, simple filipino food but great quality and good value, (eg pinoy steak ala pobre 120 peso). imays in goldenfield was the biggest dissapointment, local food done averagely and served as turo turo with small portions at surprisingly high prices. they have renovated recently and its always busy and i have no idea why, maybe the surroundings as the renovation is nice. i think most locals here dont know or care about food. they just go where is fashionable and dont care what they eat as long as it is wet and slopped on top of a heap of rice. the old convention plaza is now called luxor place. they have a weekly sunday buffet for 190 peso, good for the money, and daily breakfast buffet at under 100 peso but i havent tried it. they have a chinese restaurant there also called full moon but i dont recomend it, better in the new great wok of china in villamonte. by the time you get here there will be a new restaurant strip at lopues east block near the new city hall construction and a new complex(huge) called the dome on arranetta street near giasano city. regarding your last post about the 20 peso meals i dont know the place you mentioned maybe it has gone but 20 p meals are abundant around the student areas near riverside etc. wouldnt expect much more than a full belly. hope this info is good for you mik.

Panay Island...
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

Thank you dakoilong! =) yes, those infos will definitely help us! wow...sige, i'll also try the one's you mentioned before.. Krua Thai & Tempo... im having second thoughts now on Imays... although your right! "some" "sosyal" pips of Bacolod simply go to restos coz of its popular "in" crowd... not really minding the quality of food.... just to be seen and heard i guess...

Inaka, Kaisei and the buffet's you mentioned is really a bargain... think about it daks, 190 pesos for buffet... for a 1,000 at Fridays! well, i know its a different scenario (location location location) as they all say... plus the famed entertainment that goes with it......

but, truth?? the restos i MISSED the most are Imbiss and KKK...... why oh why?? and did you remember quadnet before? by la salle ave.? their sisig was also good.............

but no quetion about Nenas daks...it still reigns supreme for me in the "manokan" category... he he he... (oops.. bias!) =)

feel free to add MORE new finds ok... esp. chill out bars... im tired na of the usual North and Bar 21........ oh, have you tried Hr's calzone? used to be our fave... well second to Pizza o's Negrense Favorite.. with quail egg on each slice! ;-p

Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

Do check out Bourbon Street at Smallville. It is beside Coffe Break. They serve one of the best ribs in the country, and it gets real fun after 10PM.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NEW restaurants and bars in Iloilo anyone?

Ryd, bulalo is a kind of clear soup with beef.

Get answers to your questions about Iloilo City