We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinagyang 2008

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Dinagyang 2008

what dates will dinagyang 2008 be? when shall i book a hotel (preferably hotel del rio)...shall i book early like november? i miss the dinagyang festival....last time i watched it was in 1998...almost 10 years ago...

would also like to ask some nice resorts at guimaras islands. too far to go to boracay and is too commercialized. i wanted a place that is laidback...relaxing and remote..

thanks in advance for your replies...

California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinagyang 2008

The Dinagyang Festival is usually held on the last weekend of January. The earlier you book your flight and hotel the better, because rooms are hard to come by as the event draws near.

Hotel del Rio is a nice hotel and they have undergone some renovations over the past 10 years, but if you want a hotel that is smack dab in the middle of the action, try the Amigo Terrace Hotel. It is not as nice as Del Rio, but there is a staging area directly in front of the hotel so rooms are usually filled to capacity during Dingayang.

Dinagyang is always fun and quite an experience, just be careful of your personal belongings when your participating in the activities. The festival always draw pickpockets.

Hope this helps.

California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinagyang 2008

Another hotel that I'd like to suggest is the Days Inn Hotel. It's fairly new and probably the most modern if compared to Del Rio and Amigo Terrace. The hotel is located on the top floors of a mall, but the noise from the shoppers below are usually not heard when one is in the hotel. There's a fully stocked grocery at mall's ground floor and there's a McDonalds and a Chinese fastfood joint in the building as well. The big plus about this hotel is that there is a Dinagyang staging area close by.

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinagyang 2008

hi crystel09,

thanks for your reply. it is indeed helpful...i surely will book early. like next week....

again thank you very much indeed.

manila
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinagyang 2008

hi, i would like to suggest Days Hotel as well...there is usually a parade and streetdance of the tribes in the morning of the main event (which is sunday) as they move from one judging area to another. And all of them directly pass by Days. You could get an excellent view if you're in a suite or superior room, or from the Promenade restaurant. of the hotel. They have an amazing buffet, i might add. For dinagyang, i know rooms are usually sold on a package deal ( 3 days, 2 nights). So it's best to really book early. November would be the time to do so.

Leicester
Level Contributor
455 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinagyang 2008

Check out www.exploreiloilo.com for lots of information on this really good destination.

6. Re: Dinagyang 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 04:17