We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To rainy to holiday in July or August in Iloilo?

Edmonton, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
To rainy to holiday in July or August in Iloilo?

Have visited Iloilo and area a few times from end of December to beginning of February and loved but would like to go in a different season. I'm not necessarily afraid of the rainy season, but trying to understand just how wet things get. Travel around still easy, still get some good days on the beach and snorkeling at Guimaras?

It's just that I grew up in interior Canada where our total rainfall in a year in similar to just the month of July so trying to put in perspective. My holidays are limited (along with my budget) so need to decide to travel this July maybe August or just book again for January.

Mentioned in this post
Guimaras Island
Guimaras Island
Visayas, Philippines
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,999 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To rainy to holiday in July or August in Iloilo?

It is the north of the Philippines that has a lot of rain in the so called rainy season.

Central Philippines weather is different.

Most common weather pattern will be rain for a short time each day. However, you can still get a typhoon, it may pour down rain for a few days or you may not get rain at all.

Mentioned in this post
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,632 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To rainy to holiday in July or August in Iloilo?

Expect rain in Iloilo that season for sure and lots of it. Anything short of that will be a gift so enjoy it, but plan accordingly.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,442 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To rainy to holiday in July or August in Iloilo?

I am a frequent visitor of Iloilo and I go there (and in Guimaras) even in July and August and as far as I can remember I still enjoy those visits. I would not worry as long as there's no typhoon in the country during my visit.

Mentioned in this post
Guimaras Island
Guimaras Island
Visayas, Philippines
4. Re: To rainy to holiday in July or August in Iloilo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 05:17