We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Higantes after Yolanda (Super Typhoon Haiyan)

Easton, Pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Topic
Isla Higantes after Yolanda (Super Typhoon Haiyan)

I've already planned our anniversary trip ahead of time before the devastating typhoon. I was wondering how Isla Higantes is now. Is it still accessible? How are the hotels? Is it still as breathtaking as ever or breathtaking in a way that is ruined?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Higantes after Yolanda (Super Typhoon Haiyan)

There was a major oil spill in Estancia in Iloilo Province due to a ship running aground during the typhoon. Not sure what the structural damage is like in the area though.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,189 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Higantes after Yolanda (Super Typhoon Haiyan)

I have been to Iloilo recently and the city has no trace of the typhoon. Sorry, I have no news about Isla Higantes.

Iloilo City...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Higantes after Yolanda (Super Typhoon Haiyan)

Isla Higantes still accessible and have the best spots that tourists wants to see except that most houses were devastated. Most of the tourists spent a night in Estancia. The tour last february was facilitated by Rafflesia Travel.

Edited: 24 March 2014, 15:01
4. Re: Isla Higantes after Yolanda (Super Typhoon Haiyan)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Iloilo City