We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Aurora Area

Voorhees, New Jersey
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Aurora Area

Friends and I will be going to Aurora for a long couples weekend. We will be staying at the EB Morgan House. Does anyone have restaurant suggestions? We will be having dinner at the Aurora Inn one night. We would probably like to stay relatively close to the B&B.

8 replies to this topic
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
407 posts
667 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Aurora Area

Aurora is a pretty small place so finding (good) options that are "relatively close to the B&B" can be a challenge, depending on your definition of "relatively close". There are options in Ithaca or Seneca Falls but those are 20-30 miles. It also depends on the time of year as some places are "seasonal".

I would start with looking at the TA listing for Aurora Restaurants and using the "Find by Location" map.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
7,482 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Aurora Area

ROCtrvaveler, no disrespect but your response makes me cringe ... have you been to Aurora? There is the very highly regarded (and great) Aurora Inn right in the village also well as another excellent option (Pumpkin Hill Bistro) less than five minutes south right on NY90.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
7,482 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Aurora Area

Sorry Roctraveler, in re-reading the original post I see that the OP is dining at the Aurora Inn.

Moro's Table in Auburn (20 minutes away) is another great option that I just thought of.

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Aurora Area

There are several options that won't require you to drive to either Auburn or Ithaca. The Fargo Bar & Grill is within walking distance of the EB Morgan House. The King Ferry Hotel serves dinners on Friday nights: (315) 364-5124. The Rogues Harbor Inn in Lansing serves dinners nightly: roguesharbor.com/restaurant#.UwylfvldW1U. There's also a restaurant at Hibiscus Harbor in Union Springs, but I haven't been there in years and I assume that it's only open seasonally: (315) 889-5086.

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Aurora Area

Oh, and Pumpkin Hill Bistro is closed until April: http://pumpkinhillbistro.com/.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
679 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Aurora Area

The Fargo is good for a less fancy night- popular with locals. It's right across the street from the Aurora Inn.

Assuming that you are going sooner than later, too bad you will miss out on Pumpkin Hill, that place is fantastic!

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Aurora Area

Does Pumpkin Hill close at Labor Day and reopen in April?

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Aurora Area

We had a tasty lunch at Fargo Bar & Grill as we passed through. Nice place, friendly staff.

Reply to: Restaurants in Aurora Area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aurora