We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you need a transit visa?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Do you need a transit visa?

Hi,

We are traveling to Kazakhstan this september and looking into flying thru Moscow Domodedovo Airport. Layover is about 10 hours, and we are not planning to leave the airport. My question is: Do I need a transit visa for less than 24 hours (I'm a US Citizen)?

Some say one does not need it for less than 24 hrs, others say you need it... Did anybody have any experience in this type of situation?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Domodedovo
Domodedovo
Domodedovo Urban Okrug, Russia
Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you need a transit visa?

If you really do not want to leave the airport for 10 hours, then you do not need a transit visa. Enjoy!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
144 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you need a transit visa?

Unless rules changed recently you do need a visa. Also you need to make sure that your flight to Kazakhstan leave from the same terminal as your arriving flight. Otherwise you'll have to leave the airport.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,835 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you need a transit visa?

> you need to make sure that your flight to Kazakhstan leave from the same terminal as your arriving flight

DME has only one terminal

Edited: 30 July 2010, 06:42
4. Re: Do you need a transit visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 06:17