We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

I have a few questions that someone may be able to answer

- would the Metro be running after the end of the game approx 1am

- would it be possible to get to Domodedovo airport after the match by public transport and sit it out there

- is it possible to stay in Moscow without accomodation

- is it safe to be in Moscow overnight without accommodation

- is there anywhere one could go through the night if we had no accomodation

- any recommended places to stay in easy to reach location of ground

moscow
Level Contributor
518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

Hi, rachdav,

The metro will be closed at this time (crossings between lines close at 1.30 a.m.). So, to get to Paveletskii railway station (from where the tran goes to Domodedovo) you will have to walk, or take an unlicensed taxi (at night be ready to pay up to RUR 400). If you decide to walk, take the following road: by Khamovnicheskii val (exit from Luzhniki and turn right) to Komsomolskii prospekt (turn left). By Komsomolskii to the Garden Ring (turn right) and by the Garden ring go straight to Paveletskii. The walking will take you about an hour - an hour and a half.

Please note, that at this hour you will be walking in a totally deserted city (with the exception of cars), there is not danger in this central area except for the risk of being stopped by the police. If they do, just show them your passport and the plane ticket, so that they know that you leave in the morning.

Below please find two links to train schedules to Domodedovo. The first regular train (not express) departs at 4.51 a.m.

http://www.domodedovo.ru/ru/main/way/1/2/1/

www.domodedovo.ru/ru/main/way/1/aero/1/

After leaving the stadium you can spend some time at a bar, e.g. here. menu.ru/transformer/…id__325927.html

It is at the beginning of Komsomolskii prospekt (at the end from where you will be coming).

Alternatively, you can just walk to Paveletskii station and just wait there.

Also, you can pre-book a taxi to Domodedovo and hang around the airport (I think this is the safest way), if you are a company of, say, 4, the night rate will not be overwhelming for you, even if it is RUR 2000.

Enjoy your trip

Geneva
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

Dear rachdav,

Seems to me you want to have bad experience in Moscow. Firstly, on the day of any serious football match, Moscow Government reinforces the police security twice. They do it becuase during these matches # of fans' clashes are enourmous. So just imagine what will be going on durin UFA :(

So I wouldn't dare to stay in the streets at this night.

I'm sorry to say that, but all hotels are already booked on these days, try to get an apartment, but be aware that the prices will be really high.

Cheshire,England
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

Hi mate.

I'm going. Cant get a hotel room for love nor money, tried for months. The only one was at the airport.

Google Peace Travel, we booked an apartment through them and transport to/from the airport. Aprtment is 10 mins from Red Square, near Arbat St. Used Real Russia to get the visa which came yesterday.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

Hi!

Good news: Metro on this day will run until 4 AM. Bad one: no transport to Domodedovo until 6 AM. Recomendations - if you win - just walk around, if you loose - go to a drinking place and spent your time (and money) drinking. There are a lot of places that operate 24 hrs. Good luck!

Reading
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

Rachdav, I'm in the same situation as you. No accomodation for the Wednesday night and I didn't want to opt for the day trip as I didn't want to go to Moscow and not really see much of the city. I'm also hoping to hang out at the airport Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

My friend, who is doing a charter trip and flying back to the UK after the match, has told me that the company organising the charter has advised her that there won't be a designated bus taking everyone back to the airport. Instead, there are supposed to be buses that UEFA will be laying on for fans catching charter flights right after the match. My plan is to go back on the bus with her and sit it out at the airport.

I'm also trying to come up with some backup plans...one is maybe trying to find a bar in a really nice hotel that stays open all night.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

thanks - we've now opted for the day trip to save all the worry/hassle. However, has anyone heard that we might be 'imprisoned' in a Fanzone the stadium directly from the airport rather than being able to venture into Red Square?

Moscow
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

Nice apartments in the center of Moscow with all goodies and translator during UEFA. +79261089027 or pup-pup@list.ru

baron777red
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

rachdav- am also going to the final, reply to your question about holding pens "fanzones" there is one for each team between the 2nd and 3rd cordong of security checks, but once your in you wont be able to get out, and its alcohol free

better to avoid the buses uefa are putting on for the fans at the airport as i believe these will take you into the fan zones, get the shuttle bus and metro to the game, you should find all the directions on other posts in this forum

good luck

baron

9. Re: Travel to moscow - CL Final 21 May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 18:18