We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute trip - visa?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute trip - visa?

I was wondering doing a list minute type of trip to Moscow in about two weeks.

I take it I should laugh and stop considering it since it is impossible to get a visa on such short notice, or? (I am an American citizen living in Sweden.)

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,628 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute trip - visa?

Why not call the Russian Consul as imoffagain just did?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294459-i705-k2660…

London, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute trip - visa?

It's not impossible to get visas at short notice but it could be expensive. Also there is the additional issue that you have an American passport but are living in Sweden, presumably you have residency status in which case it shouldn't be a problem.

Check opening times of the consulate since they will be closed on public hols eg Easter.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute trip - visa?

I am currently having my visa processed (i choose the 2 week option as it was only 60 euro instead of 80 for 1 week turnaround or 125, same day) so certainly in the consulate in Dublin it is possible to do it on the same day as long as your passport has over 6 months left after your departure from Russia and you have 2 pages left for stamping.

4. Re: Last minute trip - visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 02:16