We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would there be a way from Moscow to Istanbul via train?

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seoul, Korea
1 post
Save Topic
Would there be a way from Moscow to Istanbul via train?

If I were to take a train from Moscow to Istanbul what would be the fastest way to get there and how long would it take?

What countries would I be passing through and, if I do, where would I be stopping?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,492 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would there be a way from Moscow to Istanbul via train?

It was one some 25-30 year ago. The route was through Bulgaria with ferry in Varna. Long way.....

Now there is none.

Tough technically it is still possible to get to Moscow by train even from DPR Korea. Comrade Kim Chen Ir proved it. It was also long time ago....

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would there be a way from Moscow to Istanbul via train?

Moscow to Sofia, Bulgaria bypassing Ukraine, Moldova and Rumania. Sofia to Istanbul - maybe. Another sure alternative is Moscow to Thessalonika, Greece, then Thessalonika to Athens, Athens to Istanbul.

www.bahn.de will help you better.

3. Re: Would there be a way from Moscow to Istanbul via train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2009, 05:18