We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibis Moscow

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
105 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Ibis Moscow

anyone can tell whether the location of this hotel any goods ? and it is safe to walk at night ? i read some review from the review page but does not really tell that much...

many thanks !!!

Moscow
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ibis Moscow

Speaking in geographical terms, it's convenient to go from this hotel to the center - this hotel is located near Garden Ring and Ring Metro Line. If to speak about the area around the hotel, there is nothing remarkable or interesting. It's located in five-minutes walk from Paveletsky Rail Terminal (now near this terminal another trade center is built, and the square near terminal is dug).

Moscow
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ibis Moscow

P.S. I made little mistake - it takes near ten minutes walk from the metro, not five. I was studied in this area. This hotel is located at Schipok - the historic street, which retained many pre-revolutionary low-rise houses (mansions). Now it looks little boring, IMHO.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
105 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ibis Moscow

thanks for the information.

eerrh, the hotel since quite far from the city centre though...

anyone can suggest cheap hotel around city ? our budget is about 80 EUR ......

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,221 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ibis Moscow

> anyone can suggest cheap hotel around city ? our budget is about 80 EUR

No way - only hostels in this price range...

Moscow
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ibis Moscow

If you don't mind using metro wherever you go then it should be ok but Ibis is far from the center and definitely not within walking distance. The area is kinda industrial which used to have some factories in the neightbourhood which I suppose are closed now but what's for sure there's nothing remarkable or very exciting around.

If you land at Domodedovo airport there's a direct train that runs to Paveletsky station which is 10 min walk to Ibis, so quite convenient and no need to use a taxi, the train ride will take you 40 minutes, no stops on the way. The metro is basically under the train station.

For this price you won't find anything more central.

6. Re: Ibis Moscow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 05:18