We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballet tickets?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ballet tickets?

Hi, I'm visiting Moscow for a long weekend at the end of May and I'd love to go to the Ballet when I'm there. Which website is the best to purchase tickets? Or should I wait until I get to Moscow to buy them?

Thanks!

Bartlesville...
Level Contributor
941 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballet tickets?

You can purchase tickets in advance at the Bolshoi's website. www.bolshoi.ru/en I've used it many times and never had a problem, and this link will take you to the English version. If you buy online from any other site, you are likely going through a ticket broker (or a scam artist) and you will likely pay more to get less.

You can purchase them and then pick them up on the evening of the performance, but allow extra time, as the crowds around the pickup window can be large. You can also pick them up before the day of the performance. When you buy online, there will be instructions with details for pickup. Your hotel can tell you where to go for pickup, and may even provide you with pickup service.

I do not recommend waiting until you get to Moscow to buy tickets.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballet tickets?

Thank you- I'll check that out!

Moscow, Russia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ballet tickets?

www.INnSHOPping.ru good site for buying theater tickets , ballet , souvenirs and more

Riyadh
Level Contributor
35 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ballet tickets?

I am trying to purchase 2 ticket to the Bolshoi on 14 or 15 September on their website, but it does not seens to work. Can you give any suggestions?

Bartlesville...
Level Contributor
941 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ballet tickets?

In order to purchase tickets on the website, you must first register on the site. Have you done that? If so, I'm not sure what the problem might be.

Riyadh
Level Contributor
35 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ballet tickets?

Yes, I did register and set up an account/password. However, nothing is available for sale on those dates.

Bartlesville...
Level Contributor
941 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ballet tickets?

Hmmm. Not sure what's going on here. The performance those nights is part of the premier of "Preljocaj's Ballet". Because it is a premier, there may be restrictions on availability, or they may simply not have the tickets to that event on sale yet. I couldn't find any further information on the site, either in English or in Russian, so I'm not sure what's going on. If you have a Russian-speaking friend, you might ask them to call and find out, or if you already have a hotel reservation, you might want to call the hotel and ask them to check on it for you. Some of the nicer hotels offer comprehensive concierge services and will help with such matters.

Riyadh
Level Contributor
35 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ballet tickets?

Thanks for the advise. I will call my hotel and seek their assistance.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
978 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ballet tickets?

Hi

Go into

"Schedule of Performance" tab, top R of centre.

Click on the Performance you want

which takes you into "Tickets On Line"

Go to the next screen: there are "Terms and Conditions"

You then have to Register to use the booking service. This is on the R

Well done Bolshoi. I am impressed.

Good Luck

DCtheKiwi

10. Re: Ballet tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2011, 05:16