We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Register Visa in Moscow

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Register Visa in Moscow

My wife and I have plan going to Moscow. We are arrive on evening Thursday(September 2, 2010) and overnight in Moscow 4 night ( Thursday- Sunday) . Then in the morning, on Monday Sept 6 ,2010,we are going to St. Petersburg by airplane. In this case my question is I have to register visa in Moscow or not? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
978 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Register Visa in Moscow

Hi

Yes. If you are there for 72 hours, you must be registered.

I presume you are staying in a hotel.

They will ask for your passport(s) on arrival and either do this immediately or give passport back in the morning.

DCtheKIwi

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,448 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Register Visa in Moscow

Acedog is almost correct with the exception of the fact that the law doesn't say '72 hours', it says 'three _working_ days': www.fms.gov.ru/useful/migrate/index_eng.php

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Register Visa in Moscow

Yes, it's 3 day's. Your hotel will register your visa's for free when you check in. You only have to do so one time. AIM.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Register Visa in Moscow

Thank you so much.

5. Re: Register Visa in Moscow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 05:18