We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trolleybus #7 from Park Pobedy Metro to Kamenny Most

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
507 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trolleybus #7 from Park Pobedy Metro to Kamenny Most

In the National Geographic book, Journeys of a Lifetime, trolleybus #7 from Park Pobedy Metro to Kamenny Most is listed as #3 in the "Top 10 City Bus Trips." Hence, I want to take it!

Could you please help me answer these questions:

How do I find the trolley stop? Is it right by the Metro? Is there just one metro entrance/exit?

How do I identify the correct trolley? What does it look like written in Russian?

How could I tell its direction?

How do I pay?

Any details will be greatly appreciated!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trolleybus #7 from Park Pobedy Metro to Kamenny Most

I am not an expert on Moscow public transport (prefer to spend my time in traffic jams in my car :) but I see a couple of errors/discrepancies in the description you supplied - first of all, there is no bridge called 'Kamenny Most' ('Stone Bridge') in Moscow. There is 'Bolshoy Kamenny Most' ('Big Stone Bridge') next to Kremlin, but trolleybus #7 does not go there according to what I can see on the internet...

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,970 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trolleybus #7 from Park Pobedy Metro to Kamenny Most

99% percent chance that your guide book is either mistaken, or the info is out of date. Public transport routes may long ago rescheduled or canceled.

i would not rely on that info if I were you.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trolleybus #7 from Park Pobedy Metro to Kamenny Most

OK, you can take the trolleybus #7 from Park Pobedy. As it is the terminal, the direction can not be wrong. Trolleybus is just like bus, but is attached to the overhead wires by strings. The number is clearly indicated over the windscreen, so you should not be lost. The negative here is it will not go to the Kremlin, it terminates somewhat earlier, at Oktyabrskaya metro. So either you change the trolleybus before termination to #33, which will circle you around Kremlin, or just have 20-30 min walk.

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
507 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trolleybus #7 from Park Pobedy Metro to Kamenny Most

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I should just take the metro.

5. Re: Trolleybus #7 from Park Pobedy Metro to Kamenny Most

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 05:25