We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train tickets

barcelona
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
train tickets

I will be in Moscow in september. Can I buy train tickets with credit card in the train station front desk?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train tickets

Not the last time I bought them a couple of years ago, and I do not recommend doing so. I would use an ATM machine before getting to, or at the station. (All banks have them). The ATM will have an English button to push, so they are very easy to use. You can also exchange money at the airport, and then convert it back again when you are leaving. They should take a card now? But personally I would not do so. Check out rzd.ru You can buy advance tickets? But why give a credit card number on-line in or to Russia. Just my oppinion. AIM.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train tickets

Yes you can, but only some windows accept cards. Before queing to a particular one - have a look - the right one will display cards logos. As per previous answer, ticket mashines are time saving.

Moscow, Russia
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: train tickets

Hello!

No, you can't buy tickets to regional trains (from Moscow to Vladimir, Yaroslavl & etc.) with credit card, only cash.

But you can buy tickets with credit card to inter-region trains (to Saint Petersburg or Nizhniy Novgorod) in special ticket-machines in nine central stations, but as I know they don't have interface in english language. Also you can buy tickets through Russian Railways web-site but it only in russian language too but I can help you with buying through web-site. Where you want to go?

Edited: 03 August 2010, 00:47
Valtu
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: train tickets

you can buy tickets by credit card through Russian Railways web-site through Russian Railways web-site http://www.rzd.ru/ . You can use google to translate from russian to any other language :)

5. Re: train tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 05:20