We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

Hi

I am coming to Moscow on 25th November and returning on 28th November. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Sokolniki Moscow and wanted to know what website we should go on to book a taxi to and from the airport as I haven't been there before. I don't mind going via train there but the person I am travelling with wants to travel in comfort!!

Please help!

Many thanks.

Alison

Sussex
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

There's a taxi desk at the airport, here is the link www.domodedovo.ru/en/main/getting/taxi/2/

here is the link to the prices

www.domodedovo.ru/en/main/getting/taxi/1/

My advice is to convince your friend to take the Aeroexpress and then the metro.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,037 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

I have used the "Go-To-RU" car service at the link below with great success. They are a bit cheaper than a taxi. With round-trip discount, end result being around $93 vs. $120 for standard taxi. I have also found them to a) have very clean, reasonable albeit cars, and b) excellent customer service, including English-language operators.

go-to.ru/en/…

Having said that, if you don't have much luggage, and are a bit adventurous, you may want to try what the other response indicated- take the AeroExpress in to the ring metro, then take the metro to your hotel...you will need to transfer once on the metro itself. But, this can be a bit daunting for first time visitors if you do not read Russian...and also if you happen to hit the metro at rush hour...

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

Thank you so much for your replies. I will try my hardest to persuade my friend to take the aeroexpress as I like a litlle adventure, but the taxi hints are excellent. Thank you.

Sussex
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

I took the Aeroexpress and arrived at the metro station during rush hour with a large travel backpack and a smaller backpack, after realising that queues have not yet been discovered here i decided to just barge myself onto the metro train, it worked a treat!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

The Aeroexpress and then the Metro is a very good option. I have used it before and it is efficient. Many foreigners and locals use it regularly and it is favoured by many business people in the area. Very reliable.

If you are intimidated by the Metro perhaps you can take a taxi as there will be "Gypsy" cabs outside the Train Station. You negotiate the fare but beware and be alert! Your fare can be enormous if there is traffic or you do not negotiate well.

Otherwise stick to the Metro. You are on the Brown Circle Line Paveletskaya and it will be much easier to take the Metro to avoid any traffic,

Have a look at the Metro maps posted on the Internet and familiarise yourself with the station names in Cyrillic and English alphabet. Count the stations to your stop as it may not be signposted well and the announcements are only in Russian.

Enjoy your stay!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

yes, try to convince your friend taking an Aeroexpress. travelling from/to airport may take you up to 4 hours one way if the traffic is very bad, which happens quite often. and metro is quite easy, especially given that Sokolniki Holiday Inn is 5 mins walk from the station. and in this case you will be sure you're not ripped off.

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

Thank you for all of your comments. Unfortunately my friend has booked a taxi through Opodo. The cost, well, nearly as much as the flights..... I think I will have to find a new travel comapnion in furture as this one is costing me too much!!

8. Re: Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 12:35
bristol
Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

how far is the airport to the city and how long and how much does the train and metro cost?

many thanks

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,220 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moscow Domodedovo airport transfers

> how far is the airport to the city

DME is about 25 km to the south from the city ring road (about 40 km from the center).

> and how long and how much does the train and metro cost?

The aeroexpress train costs 300 rubles and it takes about 40 minutes from DME to Paveletskaya metro station. The metro costs 26 rubles per entry.