We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 2 days/3 nights enough for a first visit?

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Is 2 days/3 nights enough for a first visit?

Hello,

I am planning a trip at the end of June and plan to spend about 2-2.5 days in Moscow.

Want to do the Kremlin, Red Square, and any other Must See. Not big on meuseums.

Is it doable? Planning also 1.5 days in Rostov and 2.5 in St Petersboug.

Thanks!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,850 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 2 days/3 nights enough for a first visit?

It's not enough to see everything, but enough to get some impression of the city. And I'm not sure which Rostov you mean. You mentioned you were planning to fly there, but people don't fly to Rostov Veliky (too small and too close to Moscow to even have an airport) and Rostov on Don is a funny choice as a tourism destination.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 2 days/3 nights enough for a first visit?

That is fine for seeing the exterior of the major attractions but not nearly enough time to get a feel for the true culture. May I enquire about why you are going? If it is strictly tourism I'd stay the whole time in Moscow and go back later for St. Petersberg, or possible the Golden Ring cities instead.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 2 days/3 nights enough for a first visit?

Thank you for the responses guys. I am going to Rostov because I lived there as a kid and have not been since 1990. I perfectly know it's not a tourisaty city.

For the rest of the trip: Pure tourism.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 2 days/3 nights enough for a first visit?

Iwas there for one night and one whole day and managed Red square, including lenins mausoleum, the kremlin, Lubyanka (the ouside only but its an imposeing buidling especailly if you know what went on inside) - I also went to Novodevichy cemetery which is a major attraction and has some big names buried there. I even went into Gum department store. You can see loads of pics and get more info on Moscow at my travel site at angietravels.com

have a great trip

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 2 days/3 nights enough for a first visit?

Thx Angie!

6. Re: Is 2 days/3 nights enough for a first visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 05:44