We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

Hi

We are planning a trip to Russia shortly.

As we are staying with friends, we don't need an entire trip organised, but need to apply for a visa through an agency anyway, by post (as we cannot make it into London during working hours).

Please could someone recommend a trustworthy agency, to whom I could post a British passport, who will post it back, with visa included.

Thanks for your help.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,221 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

Why cannot your friends send you a private invitation?

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

I thought that they would need to get an Original invitation issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry or its regional representatives or by an

appropriate Russian Federation Migration Service branch - as far as I am aware, it is not just a simple letter...

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

Re: private invite- from what I have "heard" (and in my own experience, albeit it from many years back), these are a huge hassle...Seems to take a month or more for the inviting party, and then, for submitting visa paperwork, the ORIGINAL is needed...added time and uncertainty...for sure, would use an "express mail" service for getting this paperwork.

The issue then becomes whether one uses the visa agency to provide the invitation. As one commenter has noted, this is "not legal" (i.e. an agency issuing an invite as if the party were part of a tourist group)...but seems to be done a fair amount.

The issue will then become, however, how to get the formal registration required within 3 days once you arrive. US agencies that do this have a local office that for a fee handle this for you (but you have to go to their office to have this done)...

Marassa, maybe I am missing something here?????

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

Note, as for who to use, why not start with the one the Russian Consulate has outsourced this to:

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS TO VISA DOCUMENTS

To meet the increasing demand, while maintaining high standards of service, the Embassy of the Russian Federation has outsourced its Visa Application Processing to M/S VF Services (UK) Ltd.

This is from the Russia Embassy London web site...

http://rusemb.org.uk/visa/

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

Thank you for this... This has not answered our question however. Regarding registration one can now stay in Russia for 7 working days without registration.

Ebertsj - this is an entity who actually issues the visa, not assists with the documents preparation.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

On the 7 day deal, then you may be good to go...

Not sure what you mean by "this is entity who issues"...if you follow the links from the Embassy site...first choose the "Visa Application Center London", this will take you to the VFS site, then choose the link:

http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/

From here you start the visa app process (i.e. doc prep)...

Am I still not getting it?

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,104 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

You can probably get a letter of invitation from these guys,

http://go-russia.com/violetta.php#point1

Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

If you are based in London you may apply with Russian National Tourist Office www.visitrussia.org.uk the cost of the visa will be £115 including invitation, visa fee and the agency's fees.

Sussex
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

I used www.realrussia.co.uk . Very good service, i'd recommend getting your visa from them.

Check out the links posted above too and compare prices so which one you like the look of best.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Russian visa-agency recommendation (London, UK)

Whatever you do, make sure the agency you choose can provide the invitation...as i mentioned earlier, getting private invitations (which is what technically/legally would be "required" here) can be very time-consuming...