We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Manchester-Moscow return just £183???

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flight from Manchester-Moscow return just £183???

Hi,

I've just looked at the possibility of flying to Moscow next August and back from Manchester and Expedia is saying it will cost just £183?

Surely this is far far too cheap?

Sorry for any naivety on my part!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from Manchester-Moscow return just £183???

I would guess that's a bargain. If it will really get you what it said with a reputable airline and no more than a single connection. You may try priceline and bid with your own numbers on air tickets, see how that goes...

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from Manchester-Moscow return just £183???

Here it is:

www.expedia.co.uk/Flights-Search-RoundTrip…

So how much would this 'normally' cost me then?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from Manchester-Moscow return just £183???

Can't see your flight info but the amount sounds about right. Austrian and Swiss airlines typically do flights for around this sort of money if you book well in advance. If you leave it till say a month before you go expect to pay double at least.

The only downside to these flights is you have to catch a connecting flight, so just check how much time they allow for this.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
441 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from Manchester-Moscow return just £183???

My search for random dates in August 2012 shows £170 return to Moscow from Manchester and £160 from Birmingham. Both are either with Swiss or Swiss-Lufthansa combinations (the two are actually the same company). It is surely a bargain, but still below my cheapest of £142 with Swiss a couple of years ago, which I bought about a month before travel. Note that these flights involve a 4-hour layover in Zurich, a 2am arrival and other minor inconveniences.

Just follow advice which is often given at the Air Travel forum, to buy directly from the airline website and not from a third party.

5. Re: Flight from Manchester-Moscow return just £183???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 05:18