We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

Florence, South...
Level Contributor
157 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

Hi all, we are planning a trip to Moscow approximately in early May of 2012. I need to find a good (clean, centrally located, not less than 4 *) hotel in Moscow. The hotel rates should be "affordable" since I need to accommodate between 4-6 people (in different rooms, of course). I am open for any suggestions! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

You can do an initial search on any of the consolidators...but just out of curiosity, what price range are you looking for? A 4* in the center without some kind of special rate will likely run close to $300/night.

Florence, South...
Level Contributor
157 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

Thanks, Ebertsj! What district should I choose in search options? I would like the hotel to be central located and the area should be safe.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

To be more central, if you look at the map of Moscow, notice that it has a series of "rings"- see the map at this link

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-US&oe=utf8&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=moscow+hotels&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotels&hnear=0x46b54afc73d4b0c9:0x3d44d6cc5757cf4c,Moscow,+%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4+%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B0,+Russia&ei=hs61ToraLMHt0gHum5TSBw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CCkQtgM&iwloc=cids:3063940779733481293,9855779503967947269...

the inner, yellow one is the Boulevard Ring, the next one out- orange coloer is the Garden Ring...for sure, I would plan to get within the Garden Ring. And further, I would recommend you make sure you are the "Kremlin/Red Square side of the river.

In this general area, and very central, there are a bunch of more expensive 5* places along Tverskaya Ulitsa (a Sheraton, 2 Marriotts, etc). I personally like the Courtyard, which while not a full service hotel (no pool), is very nice, and tucked away in a very quite neighborhood (very near the Tchaikovksi Conservatory).

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Russia
Russia
Europe
Garden Ring Hotel
Garden Ring Hotel
513 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

It is about 10 minutes or so from the city center via the metro, but the Izmailovo Gamma Delta is a fine hotel and the rates are about $150.00 per night for 2 people per room. They have a web site in English, just Google the name. This is part of the 1980 olympic games complex. Nice rooms, safe, security and it is located next door to the world famous Izmailovo flea market. Best prices in all of Russia, (I would say). The hotel has several places to eat, a bar, coffie bar, internet room and so on. It is very close to a metro station. I have stayed there many times. AIM.

Mentioned in this post
Izmailovo Gamma Delta
Izmailovo Gamma Delta
2,070 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
Izmailovo
Izmailovo
31 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
Russia
Russia
Europe
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,770 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

AIM, once again I challenge you to get from the Gamma Delta entrance to Red Square in 10 minutes by the metro. I will pay you $100 if you do that.

To the topic starter: Izmailovo Gamma Delta has its merits but it is not central by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited: 07 November 2011, 16:24
Mentioned in this post
Izmailovo Gamma Delta
Izmailovo Gamma Delta
2,070 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

I would also question if this is in fact a 4*? It certainly is not central...

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

Sorry, also, as I have opined recently, one of my constant joys as I love walking, taking in sights and sounds and people watching is to not simply hit Red Square, but wander the side streets in and around the central part of Moscow...i.e., within the Boulevard Ring. To do this efficiently, one would want to be at a nearby hotel one could go back to several times a day to soak one's feet, nap a bit, etc. Staying out as far as Gamma Delta simply is not a very practcial choice IF this is something that might be of interest to you...

To each their own, of course!

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
8. Re: Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 November 2011, 04:35
Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
371 posts
1,068 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

If you're looking for a "bargain" (compared to other Moscow hotels), go for the Mamaison Pokrovka all-suites hotel. It's located within the 1st ring, it's 5*, design, very friendly staff and it offers very, very nice suites (bedroom, living-room, bathroom & kitchen) at approx. € 290/night incl. taxes & breakfast.

I'm staying there when in Moscow & I think it's the best you can get at this price.

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,770 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendation in Moscow (center)

HONkiev, I'm afraid €290 a night is not the topic starter's definition of a "bargain" but who knows :)