We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milford
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

I want something 2'-6' even! I don't want to spend more than 100,000 Rubles. Obviously, if I am spending that much I expect quality, but I don't demand it at a lower price either. I am flexible. I need an office piece. Thank you.

Korolev, Russia
Level Contributor
904 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

You can try bye it in internet-shop -

http://www.samovary.ru/good/626

http://www.rusvelikaia.ru/matreshki.html

Or order its from a masters -

This men makes a matryoshkas height of 1 meter in accordance with your wishes.

mega-grad.ru/work/12425-matreshki-k-olimpiad…

matreshka.salon.ru/matreshki.plx?lang=ru

Milford
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

I checked them out, but I really want to purchase something while there. There are plenty of places I can find them here, but I just want to buy one while in Moscow. It completes the experience. Thank you though.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,765 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

I guess the best choice is in Izmailovo. I did not notice any huge dolls there but I was not looking for them. If they are sold anywhere, then Izmailovo market must have them. What I would do is go there first thing in Moscow (preferrably on a weekend when more stalls are open) and, even if you won't find any on sale, you might arrange with the vendors to find one for you or even make one to your order.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

Izmailovo (flea market as many call it), is the place to go. It is located behind and to the left of the Izmailovo Gamma Delta Hotel. I have seen some 2-3 foot one's there, but 6 feet? Good luck. Yes go on a weekend for best selection. Many of the vendors speak english, so ask around. The bigger one's may be available, but not displayed? Don't tell them you are willing to spend 100,000 Rubles, or that will be the going rate for sure. AIM.

Milford
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

I leave tomorrow and will report back with my findings. Thanks for the help.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

Yes, let us know. AIM.

Milford
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

You can find 3' dolls here and there just walking around. They range from about $400-$7000US.($400 for traditional ones and much more for ultra ornate ones) All depends on the design and how many are in it. Typically 30 dolls for the large ones. The Izmailovo is closed apparently. Permanently I am told. The Arbat market is basically the only other major market, but you need to crack them on the price. Good luck!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,765 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

> The Izmailovo is closed apparently. Permanently I am told.

You seem to have chosen very unreliable sources of information. I'll try to pass by today or tomorrow to see by myself.

kremlin-izmailovo.com/Souvenir-Market-English

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,765 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

Just passed by Izmailovo - the souvenir market is very much alive and kicking. Too bad someone gave you misleading advice.

But I hope you bought what you were looking for elsewhere.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where in Moscow can I find HUGE Matryoshka dolls?

Hi Marassa,

I am in Moscow now, will visit the Izmailovo market this Sunday. How much should I expect to pay for a 10 piece nice looking Matryoshka dolls? Not too big, medium size, can I get something nice with less than 1000rub?

Thanks expert!