We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit visa requirement

India
Level Contributor
65 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Transit visa requirement

I am travelling from New Delhi to Paris, and I am an Indian passport holder. Do I need any transit visa incase I have a 12-13 hours of stop in moscow. I don't have to go out of the airport. Need advice!!!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transit visa requirement

> My husband also an Indian citizenis going to edinburgh for a month and has work permit. Can he apply for schengen Visa in UK itself. Or it should be done in India only?

Are you sure this question belongs in Moscow travel forum?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Transit visa requirement

>>>Can he apply for schengen Visa in UK itself. Or it should be done in India only?

Depends on how long the work permit is valid for, anything less than 3 months forget it and there's no guarantee the visa would be issued in less than one month.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transit visa requirement

UK is a case if point. It turns out some blacklisted nationalities need a visa just to change planes at heathrow. We learned the lesson

New Delhi, Delhi...
4 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Transit visa requirement

Heloo

I have the same question.I am an Indian Passport holder and I am travelling from New Delhi to Brussels on a student visa. I have a 12 hour stop over at Sheremetyevo. My Flight (Aeroflot) will arrive at Sheremetyevo Terminal F and after the 12 hours stop it will depart from the same Terminal F. Do i need a transit visa? I have started to panic because only 18 days are left and i am clueless about my situation. would also like to know from the thread starter if she needed a transit visa for her stop over.

Thanks

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transit visa requirement

> Do i need a transit visa?

No.

New Delhi, Delhi...
4 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Transit visa requirement

^^^^^ Thank you for the help. Relieved :)

New Delhi, Delhi...
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Transit visa requirement

Transit passengers

We will do all that we can to make sure you catch your connecting flight in time and to make your time in transit as pleasant as possible. If you have time before your connecting flight, you may enjoy a refreshment at our lounge.

To continue your journey without difficulty, please follow the instructions below.

Arrival at Sheremetyevo-D(3).

1. Arrival on an international flight at Sheremetyevo-D(3) and departure on an international flight from Sheremetyevo-D(3). Minimum connection time: 50 minutes.

From the apron drive, go to the arrival pier and on to the counters serving transfer passengers: check in for your connecting flight, go through passport and pre-flight control, and proceed to the boarding gate.

If you were transported from the aircraft to the Terminal by bus, go up the escalator and on to the counters serving transit passengers and then follow the instructions above.

2. Arrival on an international flight at Sheremetyevo-D(3) and departure on a domestic flight from Sheremetyevo-D(3). Minimum connection time: 1 hour 10 minutes.

From the apron drive go upstairs to the arrival pier, go through passport control and claim your luggage (regardless of whether it was checked in to your destination or only to Moscow), and then go to the arrival transfer zone (the entrance is located near baggage carousel No. 5). Having passed the customs control, check in for your connecting flight and check in your luggage. Then go up to level 3 by elevator, go through the pre-flight control and proceed to the boarding gate.

If you were transported from the aircraft to the Terminal by bus, go up the escalator, go through passport control and then follow the instructions above.

3. Arrival on a domestic flight to Sheremetyevo-D(3) and departure on an international flight from Sheremetyevo-D(3). Minimum connection time: 1 hour 10 minutes.

From the apron drive, go upstairs to the arrival pier and then downstairs to the baggage claim area. Having claimed your luggage, go through customs control (entrance opposite baggage carousel No. 4) and check in for the connecting flight (if a boarding coupon was issued to you at departure desk, you only need to check in yourself and your luggage). Then take the elevator to the next level up, go through passport and pre-flight control and proceed to the boarding gate.

If you were transported from the aircraft to the Terminal by bus, go downstairs to the baggage claim area in the arrival zone and then follow the instructions above.

4. Arrival on a domestic flight to Sheremetyevo-D(3) and departure on a domestic flight from Sheremetyevo-D(3). Minimum connection time: 50 minutes.

From the apron drive, go upstairs to the arrival pier and on to the counters serving transfer passengers, check in for the connecting flight, go through pre-flight control at the lower level, and proceed to the boarding gate.

If at the departure desk you checked in your luggage to the destination point and a boarding pass to the connection flight was issued, from the arrival pier you may go directly to pre-flight control at the lower level without visiting the counters serving transfer passengers.

If you were transported from the aircraft to the Terminal by bus, go to the counters serving transit passengers, which are located at the same level, and then follow the instructions above.

5. Arrival on an international flight to Sheremetyevo-D(3) and departure on an international flight from Sheremetyevo-F(2). Minimum connection time: 1 hour 10 minutes.

From the apron drive, go to the arrival pier and further to the counters serving transfer passengers, check in for the connecting flight, and go through passport and pre-flight control. Next go to the boarding zone at Exit 8. At the exit, a transfer group officer will show you the way to the bus. You will then be accompanied by the transfer group officer to your flight from Sheremetyevo-F(2).

If you were transported from the aircraft to the Terminal by bus, go up the escalator and on to the counters serving transit passengers, and then follow the instructions above.

6. Arrival on a domestic flight to Sheremetyevo-D(3) and departure on an international flight from Sheremetyevo-F(2). Minimum connection time: 1 hour 30 minutes.

From the apron drive, go upstairs to the arrival pier and then downstairs to the baggage claim area. Having claimed your baggage, go outside the building via Exit 5 to the Aeroflot Transit free shuttle stop (the stop is indicated by the “Аэрофлот Транзит (Aeroflot Transit)” sign). Buses run from Sheremetyevo-D(3) to Sheremetyevo-F(2) every 15 minutes and, in rush hours, every 10 minutes.

If you were transported from the aircraft to the Terminal by bus, go downstairs to the baggage claim area in the arrival zone and then follow the instructions above.

Arrival at Sheremetyevo-F(2).

1. Arrival on an international flight at Sheremetyevo-F(2) and departure on an international flight from Sheremetyevo-F(2). Minimum connection time: 50 minutes.

From the apron drive, go to the arrival pier and on to the transfer passenger service zone located at the same level (directly near the escalators to the passport control zone), contact a transfer group officer, and follow his/her instructions.

If you were transported from the aircraft to the Terminal by bus, take the elevator up one level, go to the transfer passenger service zone, contact a transfer group officer, and follow his/her instructions.

2. Arrival on an international flight to Sheremetyevo-F(2) and departure on an international flight from Sheremetyevo-D(3). Minimum connection time: 1 hour 10 minutes.

From the apron drive, go to the arrival pier and on to the transfer passenger service zone located on the same level (directly near the escalator to the passport control zone), contact a transfer group officer, and follow his/her instructions. After having checked in for the connecting flight, go outside the building via Exit 20 to the Aeroflot Transit free shuttle stop (the stop is indicated by the “Аэрофлот Транзит (Aeroflot Transit)” sign). Buses run from Sheremetyevo-F(2) to Sheremetyevo-D(3) every 15 minutes and, in rush hours, every 10 minutes.

If you were transported from the aircraft to the Terminal by bus, take the elevator up one level, go to the transfer passenger service zone and then follow the instructions above.

3. Arrival on an international flight to Sheremetyevo-F(2) and departure on a domestic flight from Sheremetyevo-D(3). Minimum connection time: 1 hour 30 minutes.

From the apron drive, go to the arrival pier, then down the escalator, go through passport control, and claim your luggage. Then go outside the building with your luggage and go to the Aeroflot Transit free shuttle stop (the stop, which is located at the 4th line (sector B) on the square in front of the terminal, is indicated by the “Аэрофлот Транзит (Aeroflot Transit)” sign). Buses run from Sheremetyevo-F(2) to Sheremetyevo-D(3) every 15 minutes and, in rush hours, every 10 minutes.

If you were transported from the aircraft to the Terminal by bus, go through passport control and then follow the instructions above.

Additional Services.

Additional services provided by the airline to transfer passengers in Moscow.

Business-class passengers and “Golden Card” holders under the “Aeroflot-Bonus” programme (plus one guest) or an “Elite Plus” card of the SkyTeam alliance (plus one guest) may use the waiting room services at Sheremetyevo-F(2) Airport 2 hours prior to the flight.

At Sheremetyevo-F(2), transfer passengers with tickets for the next leg(s) of their flight and documents required for entering the third country(-ies) may obtain a Russian transit visa. For more details about the visa requirements and cost, please contact your local Russian Embassy or consulate in advance (prior to the flight).

Services Provided in Case of Onboard Disruptions.

If a flight has been interrupted due to the carrier’s fault, delayed or cancelled due to unfavourable weather conditions, or the route has been changed for technical or other reasons, Aeroflot provides the following services at the departure and intermediate sites:

a special room for mothers with children younger than seven (due to the ongoing reconstruction of the Sheremetyevo-F(2) airport this service is currently unavailable);

two phone calls or a fax/e-mail message if the flight is delayed for more than two hours (due to the ongoing reconstruction of the Sheremetyevo-F(2) airport the provision of the service is currently limited);

refreshment beverages if the flight is delayed for more than two hours;

hot meals if the flight is delayed for more than four hours and thereafter every six hours during the day and every eight hours during the night;

hotel accommodation if a flight is delayed for more than eight hours during the day or more than six hours during the night;

transportation by an airline vehicle from the airport to the hotel and back, if the hotel is provided by the airline without additional fees;

luggage storage.

Beirut, Beyrouth...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Transit visa requirement

hello , iam travelling from lebanon to simferople through moscow svo, arrive terminal Fand depart termnal D . Do i need transit visa?

19. Re: Transit visa requirement

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 May 2013, 05:35
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Transit visa requirement

No you don't need a visa.