We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aeroflot A330-200 and sukhoi superjet 100-95 -safe ??

California
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
aeroflot A330-200 and sukhoi superjet 100-95 -safe ??

I have a ticket on hold for another 5 hours left. For June 2013, I will be traveling from Los Angeles to SVO on the A330-200 and then from SVO to Copehagen to/from on the Sukhoi Superjet 100-95. One will leave around 9 P.M and the other return flight leaves at 11:40 P.M.

Are both aircrafts safe? Are the pilots very experienced? I have heard many horror stories about Aeroflot.

The RT is $500 cheaper than the competitor but I do not want my life jepordized.

Hopefully someone who has flown the planes lately can give me input.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: aeroflot A330-200 and sukhoi superjet 100-95 -safe ??

God bless you!

California
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aeroflot A330-200 and sukhoi superjet 100-95 -safe ??

chickened out and cancelled my ticket for full refund.

I have read too many horrible reviews on Aeroflot- Poor Customer Service, chaos at SVO ( I have one 5 hours and one 8 hours layover) I think I will just book an Awards travel ticket on Business Class instead.

Edited: 13 August 2012, 00:43
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,218 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aeroflot A330-200 and sukhoi superjet 100-95 -safe ??

Aeroflot is ok. Flying from LA to Copenhagen via Moscow with an 8 hour layover isn't.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aeroflot A330-200 and sukhoi superjet 100-95 -safe ??

I find Aeroflot the same as any other air line. You should have saved he $500. I hear nothing bad about them? Where are you hearing all the bad press? AIM.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aeroflot A330-200 and sukhoi superjet 100-95 -safe ??

No issues with Aeroflot, but agree with Marassa...8 hours layover, plus, am guessing even flying time (not what I would think would be very "direct" route) to me makes this a suspect proposition...

Also, not to mention in case something goes wrong, would rather be "stuck" somewhere more in "central/Western Europe...

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aeroflot A330-200 and sukhoi superjet 100-95 -safe ??

Dont know who writes these reviews or when - SVO was a breath of fresh air, I felt like I ended up in a commercial for air travel not a real airport. AND wifi was free, so why even leave?

The AFL flight was fine except for a bunch of screaming babies were driving me NUTS!!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
503 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aeroflot A330-200 and sukhoi superjet 100-95 -safe ??

nothing wrong with Aeroflot. In fact one of the better carriers around. I have trust them my life on several occaissions and they took care of me ;-)

Airbus A330-200: crashed with Air France. Not aeroflot. I flew on this plane 2 days ago, quite good.

Sukhoi: still a bit early stages for this plane and understandably a bit worrying, that crash there. However, be comforted by the fact that there are no mountains and thunderstorms around here (or less often anyway), unlike the crash site.

8. Re: aeroflot A330-200 and sukhoi superjet 100-95 -safe ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 06:17