We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
105 posts
833 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

Hello.

I'm travelling to Moscow and San Petersburg in January.

It is my first time in Russia so I's appreciate any advice on where it is safer and more convinient to accommodate (in both cities).

I'm on a tight budget, but I'm loking for a place which is reliable.

Thanks in advance!!!

Betty

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

Neither city have much in the way of budget hotels, so your going to most likely look for hostels if you are on a tight budget.

A site such as hostels.com would probably be a good place to start looking or you could try seeing if there's any reviews here too on TA.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
964 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

Suggest that you consider visa requirements and what accommodation documentation is required and then consider where yiou can get the docs from an "authorised" provider. See #5 below.

This comes from......

…rusembassy.org/rusvisa.html#tourist

<<Russian Tourist Visa

The following documents should be submited to the Russian Embassy or Consulate to obtain a Tourist Visa to enter Russia:

1. Your original passport with at least 2 blank visa-designated pages (passport must be valid for at least 6 months after intended departure date from Russia).

2. Two copies of Russian visa application form, completed and signed.

3. Two passport-size photos signed on the back.

4. If Tour Group or Cruise Passenger: Letter from tour company or cruise line confirming itinerary and including a copy of the confirmation from authorized Russian travel company which shows the reference number and confirmation number for the visa.

5. If Individual Travel: Confirmation of hotel arrangements from authorized Russian travel company, or directly from the Russian hotel, showing reference number and confirmation number for the visa>>

This is similar for most countries but there are some differences. eg in NZ the embassy demand evidence of pre-paid........from/for approved provider.

I suggest that you first need to be clear on what you need for your visa......

Any further questions, we will try to help.

DCtheKIwi

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,783 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

Acedog, Argentineans don't need a visa!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
964 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

Whoops

That's a crap link then M

DC

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,783 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

> That's a crap link then

Indeed:

"This is a non-government site and whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the information is correct and up to date, there may be changes which we are not aware of. You should confirm details or any queries with a Russian Consular Office"

;)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

I can't say about St P. But when I'm in Moscow I stay at the Izmailovo Gamma Delta Hotel. Best price we have found in Moscow for a good, clean, large, safe hotel. They have a web site in English. Near a metro station and the world famous Izmaiovski/y market for nesting dolls and such. A little north east of the city center, but a short trip via the metro. AIM.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1 post
171 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

Hola Betilu, como estas

Te cuento que acabamos de llegar con mi novia de Moscu y St. Petersburg. Los Argentinos NO necesitamos Visa para entrar, asi que no tomes en cuenta lo que comentaron por ahi.

Respecto a los hoteles te suguiero el Best Western Vega a 15 min de la plaza Roja, y en Petersburg el Nevskiy Hotel (econónico) y a solo 2 cuadras de la estacion de tren sobre una de las Avenidas Principales de la ciudad.

Para llegar de Moscu a St Peters podes tomar el Sapsan que llega en solo 3.5 hs a la estacion central y tiene buenos precios.

Si querés mas informacion de los hoteles dejame tu mail y nos escribimos por ahi.

Saludos

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
105 posts
833 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

A HUGE thank you to all of you!!!!

MinistryGM te paso mi mail por MP.

KL
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

Yes totally agreed with u after visiting Moscow and SPB recently

Would stay here if visit Moscow again

1st timers to Moscow (that included me) will think it is located at far out of Moscow but after taking the metro to outdoor market nearby and realised how easy to access then we understand we have missed the good bargain

10. Re: Where to stay in Moscow & San Petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 04:18