We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow n st. Petersburg tour in Dec

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Moscow n st. Petersburg tour in Dec

Hi,

I m planning to visit these 2 cities on my own in Dec and was thinking of joining a tour to make the planning easy. I m looking for a tour to take care of my transfers, hotels, some city tours and also some free time for me to roam on my own. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations for good tour companies for international travellers. Thanks.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow n st. Petersburg tour in Dec

You will most likely need a tour company in each city? (TWO). Google tour companies for both cities, and read up on what they can and cannot or won't do. It may be more easy to book the tours and then book your own hotels? AIM.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,094 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow n st. Petersburg tour in Dec

Sorry for being a contrarian yet again, but I see little point in advising someone to Google tour companies. I think the reason the OP asked the question is to get some feedback on ones folks thought were good, offered value.

Simply reading up on what someone says they can do has very little correlation to a good experience...

Back to the ask...is the OP indicating perhaps price is not much an issue...as in willing to apart extra to have someone handle all aspects, transfer, hotels etc. If money is not much of an obstacle, then perhaps it makes sense to just do one stop shopping, but further increases the need to get some solid advice...not simply Google...

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
978 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow n st. Petersburg tour in Dec

East West Tours appear to be a posibility to consider....

There are some options starting with "Russia 101".

www.east-west-tours.com/private-custom-tours

Someone else may be able to comment about their service.

DCtheKiwi

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moscow n st. Petersburg tour in Dec

Thank you. I also found some info on this operator (http://www.visitrussia.com/guide/general.htm).

5. Re: Moscow n st. Petersburg tour in Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 10:17