We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

length of time to travel from DME airport to national Hotel

Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Topic
length of time to travel from DME airport to national Hotel

Hi Trying to decide whether to stay in Moscow the day of arrival from DME airport to downtown or fly directly to St petersburg and begin the trip there. How much time does it take and what is the best way to do it one of our party arrives DME airport at (am and other doesn't arrive until 2 PM Help

Thanks

Babo

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: length of time to travel from DME airport to national Hotel

It can take 1-2 hours. Please see the FAQ on the right for the travel options.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: length of time to travel from DME airport to national Hotel

The Aeroexpress to the station it drops you off at, and then a taxi or the metro from there to your hotel. Do not use metro at rush hour times. If the person who arrives at 2 is not used to travel, or may be nervous about doing so alone? You may want to hang out/get something to eat at DME, and wait for him/her so you can travel together? This way you could share a taxi. No meters in Russian taxi's. You have to haggle price before you get in. Using fingers or a note pad will do just fine. As to St P? That's up to you? DME is way South East of Moscow, so the A-express is the only option to me? Maybe the 2 of you going to St P together from DME at the same time so you can travel together on the rest of your trip is the way to go? Exchange enough $ or use a debit card at DME for your trip into town/food/taxi. Good luck on your choice. AIM.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: length of time to travel from DME airport to national Hotel

Haggling taxi is not a great strategy if you have no idea of goIng rates...which, from my recent experience, are trending upwards. There should be an official taxi stand where one gets off the Aero (just as there is at the airport) where one can at least get a fixed rate. I only "know" the rate from Belorusski from SVO Aero to downtown was 600 rubles. I later found, but would not advise for average tourist, that calling a regular taxi company would have been about 500 rubles...still a tad high to me, but better than trying to haggle. The idea with haggling is likely you will hear 1000 rubles for starters, you cleverly counter with say 400...do the math...you will end up maybe around 600 after all the haggling...

4. Re: length of time to travel from DME airport to national Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2013, 10:17