We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bolshoi Tickets

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NSW
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bolshoi Tickets

Hi

We arrive in Moscow on 30 December. I noticed on the Bolshoi website that the Nutcracker has a matinee and an evening performance on 31 December, but no link to purchase tickets - is this likely to mean that they are sold out or is to too early to look at buying tickets for one of these performances.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks

Na

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,850 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bolshoi Tickets

May well be sold out - New Year's Eve is a big thing in Russia, way bigger than Christmas Eve.

NSW
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bolshoi Tickets

Thanks for that ... Should have though of checking what was on earlier - I'm sure New Year's Eve will be an amazing experience (even if a bit cold) no matter what we do.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bolshoi Tickets

I may be completely wrong here, but looks like they are not on sale yet.....

Maybe someone could comment.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bolshoi Tickets

I think you may be right, it's over 3 months from now. But when they do go on sale, I think they will sell out that day? AIM.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bolshoi Tickets

I think not one day, but 30 seconds on a first day of sales...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bolshoi Tickets

Tickets used to go on sale on website and at box office 60 days before performance. But with new website and ticket sales system I am not sure. It is very, very difficult to get Christmas/New Year tickets.

Edited: 28 September 2012, 21:36
NSW
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bolshoi Tickets

Hi

Thanks so much for your replies. I'll just keep checking the website before we leave - you never know your luck!

I was lucky to see a performance of the Bolshoi when I was last in Moscow (even if it was 1986).

Na

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,850 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bolshoi Tickets

Tickets for Nutcracker for 28...31 December just went on sale online. Hurry up!

9. Re: Bolshoi Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 18:19