We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AMAWaterways cruise on AMAKatarina

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
AMAWaterways cruise on AMAKatarina

Has anyone taken this trip from Moscow to St. Petersburg? It is a 13 day trip for $3600 USD each plus airfare. Or had any experience with AMAWaterways? Thanks in advance!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AMAWaterways cruise on AMAKatarina

Let me be your personal TA forum search engine operator today:

tripadvisor.com/…42169580

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AMAWaterways cruise on AMAKatarina

We have just returned from this cruise - and I highly recommend it. This is the best way to see the two most important places in Russia- Moscow and St. Petersburg and some of the scenery in between - which is well worth seeing. It is the best of the river cruise companies that do Russia - the ship is leased by AmaWaterways and they have had a strong hand in its upgrades. That said, it is not a good comparison to their European cruise ships- they are infinitely better and more upscale. The food on this cruise is very good- not excellent - and the personnel is beyond reproach- they are wonderful and couldn't be more helpful. The cabins are very nice- not luxurious but more than adequate and even the lowest cost ones looked quite nice. If you speak Russian, I expect you could travel here without the help of a guide, but I do not think you can beat the price, in spite of it not being cheap. Once you calculate entrance fees, transportation, food, and hotel costs, I expect you would come out even. And you would have missed out on a lot if you didn't have a guide. All in all, I would do this again and add 2 days in Moscow before the cruise, and perhaps a day in St. Petersburg.

Brussels, Belgium
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: AMAWaterways cruise on AMAKatarina

.The ship is an old Russian soviet era charter ship. The food , barely edible,. They have some good speakers , but to fill in the time you will be learning how to paint Babushkas . Also , you will be taken to shop GUCCi in Moscow , where it costs 3 times as much... . Russia is amazing . The Cruise , very disappointing , and my wife and me have been in many good cruises and love river cultural cruises.

4. Re: AMAWaterways cruise on AMAKatarina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:15