We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow Circus

Co. Derry
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Moscow Circus

I am travelling to Moscow in the first week of July. I would like to take my children to see the circus. I do not mind whether it is the Nikulin or the Big circus. Can anyone tell me whether either, or both circuses are having performances at that time of the year?

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow Circus

Hard to say that early, but the chances are so-so. Just the time for the circus to go on holiday, before the start of the new season. Will be more clear closer to May, I think...

Co. Derry
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow Circus

Thank You Vasily. I guess I'll have to wait and see. It would be a pity as I think the Russian Circus is a must see for everyone who travels to Russia. If anybody can tell me later I'd be grateful.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow Circus

Sadly, as Vasily reports, a lot of these cultural events do in fact shut down around this time. Last year, a number of folks reported back that indeed these had closed down for the season. I experienced similar things with theater performances, with many venues not putting on plays....

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moscow Circus

We used to be able to go in summer (when the kids were still interested in this kind of thing) so I wouldn't write it off

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
49 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moscow Circus

Looks like Nikulin has performances in July:

circusnikulin.ru/lang/…index.html

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
49 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moscow Circus

Sorry you need the Russian link for the summer dates (open in Chrome and use google to translate):

circusnikulin.ru/lang/…index.html

HongKong
Level Contributor
545 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moscow Circus

Nikulin or the Big circus which is better?

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moscow Circus

I like Nikulin better but that's me

9. Re: Moscow Circus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:15