We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Many Days in Moscow Post-Cruise?

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malibu, California
Level Contributor
246 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How Many Days in Moscow Post-Cruise?

My husband and I are cruising the Mediterranean next April, beginning in London and ending in Venice. We would like to fly to Moscow post-cruise. We have been on a Baltic cruise (and we are taking another one this summer) that took us to St. Petersburg. We did not take the "Moscow" day trip option on our first cruise because we wanted to concentrate all three days in St. Petersburg. We are not taking that option this time either because it is offered only on a Thursday - the day that the Kremlin is closed each week. Therefore, we would like to fly to Moscow in April 2014, when we disembark the ship in Venice and spend some days there post-cruise. That's the background . . . here is the question:

HOW MANY DAYS SHOULD WE PLAN TO SPEND IN MOSCOW IN ORDER TO REALLY SEE IT RIGHT?

We are retired, so it's not a question of rushing home to return to work. We really want to allow enough time so that we can see all of the major sights completely. Yet, at the same time, we are not looking to spend extra days needlessly. Please share with me your experiences - how many days in Moscow????

Thanks so much for your help!

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Many Days in Moscow Post-Cruise?

I'd say 4 or 5... Probably a day for the city in general, a day for Kremlin, one ot two days for museums and sites. You may think also to spend one or two days in real Russia, like Suzdal or Vladimir, which are really nice.

2. Re: How Many Days in Moscow Post-Cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:18