We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations on accomodations near Kremlin

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
101 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations on accomodations near Kremlin

Hello,

I am coming to Moscow for a layover from June 11 at 4 am until June 14 so 3 nights. I would like to stay somewhere around $60-$70.00 US dollars at the most, private room. Could you recommend any non-partying hostel or budget hotel within Kremlin, cafe's etc.. Since I am only there for really 1 day I would like to be in a convenient location.

Would you recommend taxi or public transport? I wont have that much luggage although never been to Russia either so dont have a clue.

Thanks

Liz

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations on accomodations near Kremlin

There are no hotels within Kremlin...although it would be cool )))) I doubt you will be able to fund a hotel room whithin this price range close to the Kremlin. For thos price, you can probably find a bed in a hostel whithin the Moscow Garden ring. If location is what you are looking for, hostel is probably the only option. Also, Moscow has very efficient public transportation system, so I would use metro to visit sites and Aeroexpress for an airport transfer.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 16:26
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
217 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations on accomodations near Kremlin

On that budget, you couldn't even get a park bench in the gardens by the Kremlin. Might be able to negotiate a 15sqft patch of sidewalk with the bums by the subway entrance, good luck!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
201 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations on accomodations near Kremlin

Here are some links to some of the newer and nicer hostels, all with central locations (none of them exactly next door to the Kremlin, but all of the locations are great, very convinient for walking around the city centre). You might be able to find something within your budget:

backpacker-hostel.ru

hostelabc.com

z-hostel.ru

indiehousehostel.com

atatelier.ru

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
101 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations on accomodations near Kremlin

Thanks everyone for your help!

5. Re: Recommendations on accomodations near Kremlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 06:17