We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist discount ticket

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Tourist discount ticket

Is there a discount ticket that covers the major attractions rather than buying individual tickets ? If so where can it be bought?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist discount ticket

Yes, the recently introduced "Moscow pass" is now availabe http://moscowpass.com/ But the ticket does not cover many places you would definately want to see. So, I doubt it is worth the money, depends how many of the museums you will visit. You need to calculate and compare. The pass currently covers the following museums:

State Historical Museum

Saint Basil's Cathedral

Museum of the History of Corporal Punishment

Multimedia Art Museum Moscow

The State Central Museum of Contemporary History of Russia

Museum of Patriotic War of 1812

Museum of Russian Icons

Moscow City Sightseeing tour

Radisson Royal Moscow river cruise

Moscow Free Tour

Edited: 25 June 2013, 05:10
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,306 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist discount ticket

Doesn't seem like you save anything, besides I have never even heard of half of these museums, I guess it's something you'd want to visit if you are in Moscow for the 7th time and are at a loss about what else to see. The idea of paying 2400 rubles to join a free tour is amusing as well.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist discount ticket

Thanks guys

Moscow
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist discount ticket

Hey, here's a comparison of the ticket prices you pay separately ( 4 280 rub, which is about 100 euro) or together with Moscow Pass ( 2400 rub = 50 euro) http://moscowpass.com/what_you_save.

The free tours are marked 0 price.

The double decker City Sightseeing bus and River cruise are well known tours, if you take them separately you would already pay 1 400 rubles. You could also make use of discounts in restaurants and save on your food.

If you are coming to Moscow later in July there would be more passes available for the price as low as 25 euros per card.

I guess Marassa could use one of these cards to know Moscow better, especially museums at Red Suare-)

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist discount ticket

Am I sick to be drawn to the Museum of the History of Corporal Punishment?)

anothercity.ru/en/places/museums/839-tortures

Maybe for next year.

ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist discount ticket

I was researching this pass. like marassa said, the only thing that we would want to use with our limited time in Moscow is st. basil's cathedral. the price for that alone is 2500R. the pass costs 2400R. if it allows you to skip the queues it has already paid for itself. are the queues really so bad in mid july. we would also be taking up the free walking tour.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,306 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist discount ticket

> the only thing that we would want to use with our limited time in Moscow is st. basil's cathedral. the price for that alone is 2500R

250 not 2500.

> if it allows you to skip the queues

I have never seen a queue to St.Basil's in my lifetime.

ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist discount ticket

oooh yeh.

a thousand thank yous marassa. i'm not used to all those 00 in our currency.

if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true

I better keep a special eye out for those zeros

and great advice about the queue, I was wondering about that.

so now that I've made a fool of myself i'm going back into my little box.

9. Re: Tourist discount ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 July 2013, 14:35
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist discount ticket

Frankly, the value of it is not that obvious to me. You really need to calculate whether it would be financially sound to buy this card. If you are not going to visit most of the museums currently on the list then you will loose, compared to buying individual tickets. So, it depends.