We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel - restaurant areas nearby?

Sydney
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel - restaurant areas nearby?

We have been booked into the Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel (34 1st Tverskaya - Yamskaya, Moscow ) for our 5 day stay in Moscow, and I don't know the area.

Are there any reasonable restaurants or restaurant precincts within a short walk of the hotel?

Also, I don't speak or read russian and have one general moscow city highlights tour prebooked. Are there any english language tours outside of a general highlights tour that anyone could recommend. We are over sixty, so prefer something less active than cycling tours for example, and prefer to be picked up from the hotel.

Moscow Free Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Moscow Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Mosstreets
Sightseeing Tours
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,581 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel - restaurant areas nearby?

> Are there any reasonable restaurants or restaurant precincts within a short walk of the hotel?

There is a lot of restaurants around - just go to the hotel page following the link in your own post, enlarge the map, see the restaurants around, read the reviews to discover which ones fit your idea of "reasonable". My first pick would probably be Ragout across Tverskaya.

> prefer something less active than cycling tours for example

This is a very wise decision - you don't want to cycle in Moscow.

As for " english language tours outside of a general highlights" - are you sure you don't want to browse the Moscow attraction list on this site, choose what seems of most interest to YOU and then see if you really need a guide to visit those sights?

Holbrook, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel - restaurant areas nearby?

As you walk out of the hotel go to the corner and turn left, pass the Chinese restaurant and a few feet after a bank you will see a Pharmacy. there is a market on the basement floor if you take the escalator down. It has very reasonable prices. also if you head further down Tverskaya, (about 10-15 minutes) you will see a place called Bud Diner. It has fantastic burgers at good prices.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel - restaurant areas nearby?

Better yet, next to Bud Diner - a little bit north, that is before you reach the diner (tucked back a bit) is an upscale buffet called Grabli (in Cyrillic, Грабли ). it has an excellent selection of varied dishes, well-prepared, and best yet, you can point to what you want. Main courses, salads, deserts, the works...reasonable prices, VERY clean, fresh atmosphere, and best of all, air conditioning that actually works, and a semi-closed in veranda. Great for people watching too!

Sydney
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel - restaurant areas nearby?

Thanks for the tips!

Göteborg, Sverige
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel - restaurant areas nearby?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g298484-…

Dzhon Dzholi

The locals like it and so do I. No big problem with English there. They had a few ones who could speak enough English.

Moscow
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel - restaurant areas nearby?

Dear Sir,

First of all thank you very much for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel for your visit in Moscow.

We would like to kindly advise you that there are a lot of cafes and restaurants near the hotel. Te choice of cuisine is wide enough- Italian, Georgian, Chinees, International and Uzbekistan.

We would recommend you to visit Luce cafe which is located in two minutes walking away from us and international steak house Torro Grill Cafe that close to the hotel too.

For the sightseeing we can arrange you personal guide, who will show you main places in Moscow.

We will be happy to supply you with more detailed information upon check in or during your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact reception for arranging your spare time.

Looking forward to see you in our hotel.

Kindest regards,

Anastasiya Mazanova

Front Desk Team

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,229 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel - restaurant areas nearby?

This last post makes me smile. We stayed there in 2004 and the staff were all absolutely amazing. I had put up posts in the past after our trip as well. We had the same maid every day out of 20 except for one, and even though she did not speak English we became friends. The young girls in the restaurant on the 2nd floor were so sweet to us and our new kids. Oh yea, there is a lot of great food right there nearby. Some may have changed but I'm sure in general it will still be a great location to eat. My personal favorites back then were Il Patio (2 within 6 blocks), Japanese place next to the American Bar and Grill which looked like an English pub was also good. The AB&G had a really good and reasonable breakfast, but dinners were just OK, IMO.

8. Re: Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel - restaurant areas nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 07:24