We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Athletics Visa Invitation

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
World Athletics Visa Invitation

Hi,

Has anybody managed to get an invitation letter from the World Athletics organising committee. I have emailed off all the info, but have yet to receive my invitation. Just wanted to see if anyone has had success.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World Athletics Visa Invitation

Are you competing?

Why not just buy a tourist invitation online from any of a gazillion visa helper outfits for 20 pounds like all people do?

uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World Athletics Visa Invitation

I'm not competing, but when the official World Athletics Website offers you the visa invitation letter for free, you assume that it is one of the best ways to acquire one.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World Athletics Visa Invitation

Every time someone offers me something for free, I remind myself that there ain't no such thing as a free lunch ;)

Edited: 16 July 2013, 14:19
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: World Athletics Visa Invitation

http://www.mos2013.ru/ru/moscow/visas/

Please note that the application form will require you clarify your "status during the event"...

Edited: 16 July 2013, 14:34
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: World Athletics Visa Invitation

The invitation letters the organising committee are issuing are for athletes and media etc. not for spectators or tourists. You may get a reply and they will direct you to Sputnic travel agency, which deals with all tourists and spectator needs. Like accommodation, tours and letters of invitation, all of which have a fee.

Just get one from where you are staying or find one online and pay that way.

Reading, England
Level Contributor
158 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: World Athletics Visa Invitation

I tried doing this as well last year when buying my tickets, they emailed me back two months ago to say they didn't have me down as a competitor so I needed to sort my own visa out which I have done. Worth a try but no luck.

Edited: 20 July 2013, 23:14
uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: World Athletics Visa Invitation

Thanks Gary,

I'd given up waiting and gone elsewhere, and then they replied. Looks like we are going to get some much needed rain in Moscow!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: World Athletics Visa Invitation

> Looks like we are going to get some much needed rain in Moscow!

The weather is crap right now, but no one can know what it will be in a month.

9. Re: World Athletics Visa Invitation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:18