We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety of area around Hilton Leningradskaya Hotel

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Safety of area around Hilton Leningradskaya Hotel

Hi,

Please could people advise me as to how safe the area around the Moscow Hilton Leningradskaya hotel is on an evening/night? I plan to stay here with my partner but I am slightly concerned about its proximity to numerous train stations. Also is it safe to take the metro on an evening in Moscow?

With thanks

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,128 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety of area around Hilton Leningradskaya Hotel

Well, metro is one of the safest places in Russia, day or night... Train stations make the are around them not-so-pleasant, but they were upgraded recently, and the worst thing you can see is heavy traffic around and, say poor people begging. But this all might happen around the stations, not Hilton - it is on the other side of the square. You might be a little annoyed walking to/from metro, but the really nice Hilton is surely worth the walk. Enjoy!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety of area around Hilton Leningradskaya Hotel

It's as safe as any other area in Moscow, just not a lot to see/do around.

It's safe to use the metro in any time of day as long as you realize that you're in a big city and don't leave your common sense at home.

3. Re: Safety of area around Hilton Leningradskaya Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:18