We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go To Ru Transfer Service

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Falkirk
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
Go To Ru Transfer Service

Hi,

I have booked a transfer from the above company but cannot see on their website or confirmation email where they meet you at the airport.

It would be helpful to know which area to look for their sign, ie inside airport or just outside or??

Have just recently come back from holiday where we did have problems working out where to meet our transfer hence the question!

Thanks

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go To Ru Transfer Service

> cannot see on their website or confirmation email where they meet you at the airport

All drivers in every airport in the world I know of wait for you as you exit from the customs. Go-to.ru is no exception.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 13:03
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,855 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go To Ru Transfer Service

Yup...no mysteries here. You may want to e-mail them and also make sure they have a sign with your name...in my experience with them (not last few years), you may have to ask. But, I always found them to be very responsive to e-mails in English...including near real-time!

Falkirk
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Go To Ru Transfer Service

Thanks, that's maybe what happens most of the time but there are some airports/transfers where you have to go to a service desk to 'check-in' and they then get the driver to meet you there which can be confusing if you are expecting to see a driver holding a board with your name on it. It's not always just as easy to clear customs then find your ride.

By your responses though I'm thinking Go To will be easy to spot.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go To Ru Transfer Service

> By your responses though I'm thinking Go To will be easy to spot

Should be easy. But make sure you call them if you are late and have your phone switched on in case they want to contact you. There have been some reports of their drivers simply driving away after an hour of waiting and not being able to contact the customer by phone.

Falkirk
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Go To Ru Transfer Service

Thanks I will do.

I did read that report so fingers crossed we arrive on time :)

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Go To Ru Transfer Service

But in a somewhat professionally run operation this should all be spelled out - the logistics of meeting up w the driver, what happens if there is a delay, all the contingencies. Flights get delayed, passengers get delayed, that's just the nature of the beast.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,855 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Go To Ru Transfer Service

This does raise the point that ideally, you would be well advised to have a cell phone you can use in Russia (GSM 950/1900) at least for a quick call in case you need to check in with the company. That is, even if the rates for your call are steep, better this than trying to figure this out on the fly. Or, have an unlocked phone which would allow you grab a sim card quickly at the airport.

I had an issue one time, and had to run around buying a calling card just to use an ancient "pay" phone with horrible call quality...not ideal...

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Go To Ru Transfer Service

> cell phone you can use in Russia (GSM 950/1900)

You mean GSM 900/1800.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,855 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Go To Ru Transfer Service

Oops re 1800/1900...yes, that is what I meant! Good catch...

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Go To Ru Transfer Service

> 1800/1900...yes, that is what I meant!

No, it's not 1900, it's 900/1800 ;)