We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

Hi,

I am planning to travel from Dubai to Krasnodar via Sheremetyevo International by Aeroflot. My flight from Dubai will arrive at terminal E and from there I need to go to Terminal D to catch up the onward flight to Krasnodar. Are these two terminals inter connected? My question is whether I need to proceed to passport control and customs at Terminal E before going to D? How long this process may take normally? I have only about one hour and twenty minutes between the two flights.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

http://www.svo.aero/en/transport/

http://www.svo.aero/en/transit/int-dom/

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

Are these two terminals inter connected?

yes

My question is whether I need to proceed to passport control

yes

and customs

maybe

How long this process may take normally?

depends. They have fast track procedures for transit pax though. Talk to flight attendants

Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

<<and customs>>

Yes you'll need to pass customs at Sheremetyevo before connecting to your domestic flight, you will also need to check in for this.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

Dear Marasa, Thanks for your reply. In the given website, a international arrival in Terminal E and transfer to domestic terminal D is not mentioned (may be the information in the page is old?) . Is it the same procedure as mentioned for International arrival at Terminal F and domestic travel from D?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

Dear Vladchan, than you veru much for sharing this information.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

Dear Graig t, thanks for this information. Checking in again to a connection flight?.. well if this is a procedure at this airport I need to do it ! Hope I can do all these formalities in the available 1 hour 20 minutes between two flight.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,505 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

> In the given website, a international arrival in Terminal E and transfer to domestic terminal D is not mentioned (may be the information in the page is old?) . Is it the same procedure as mentioned for International arrival at Terminal F and domestic travel from D?

Yes, it's all the same. You basically can't go wrong there, you will be herded where needed.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

Well word is unattended baggage transfer international2domestic happens for SOME Aeroflot flights at SVO but not others. I would go out on a limb here and suggest Dubai is not one of them))

9. Re: Transit through Sheremetyevo Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:17