We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

Hi

I m staying at the Maxima Slavia hotel at the Vdnkh subway station..Are these two markets the same and how do I get to it from the Vdnkk subway station.

Many thanks

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,580 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

> Are these two markets the same

If you mean the souvenir market then its correct name is Vernissage in Izmailovo, also not quite correctly known as Izmaylovo/Izmaylovsky market.

> how do I get to it from the Vdnkk subway station.

Don't. You can buy the same in VVC/Vdnkh (pavilion 64 and probably many others) without wasting half a day on travelling to the opposite end of the huge city.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

Again,manty thanks

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

Thanks but how do i get there anyway (by metro)

Cheers

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,926 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

its a bit convoluted take metro to prospect mira

change to circle line

go to kurskaya

change 2 blue line to izmailovsky park

Moscow, Russia
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

VDNKh => Turgenevskaya; change line

Sretensky bulvar => Chkalovskaya; change line

Kurskaya => Partisanskaya

This can be of help

http://engl.mosmetro.ru/flash/scheme01.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

From reviews, it seems your hotel is about 15-20 minutes from the metro by trolleybus.

So, as an alternative, and probably useless without concrete details, but I seem to remember getting a trolleybus from near VDNH to Ismailovo. Trying to interpret a map, it might be the #14 or #41

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,413 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

It is 31 minutes by Metro from the VDNKh Station to the Partizanskaya Station, the Metro stop for Izmailovski Market, including time for making 2 transfers...often a bit of a hike underground. This according to the nifty Yandex (Russian Google) Metro app...in Russian.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 01:14
NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

You can buy a fantastic little pocket-sized booklet showing all of the bus, tram and trolleybus routes in Moscow, superimposed on street maps. It doesn't cost much; we bought ours at a newsagent/bookshop kind of place and it was invaluable for getting around. I'm not at home at the moment and can't see what it was called, but you might like to keep an eye out for one or something similar. One word of caution though - it's all in Russian!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,580 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

> I seem to remember getting a trolleybus from near VDNH to Ismailovo

You must mean tram 11. Won't take less time than the metro, but no need for line changes.

10. Re: Izmaylovo or Izmailovsky market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 05:18