We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central hotel

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
285 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Central hotel

We need a hotel that has family rooms in Central Moscow that is not so expensive ( about 180 euro per night). I cannot seen to find any.

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Central hotel

I doubt you'll find one for that kind of money, you should try renting a private apartment.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
285 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central hotel

Is it safe to rent apartments in Moscow?

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central hotel

Define safe.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
285 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central hotel

Not dangerous. Some friends who visited Moscow several times advised me against staying in apartments in Moscow.

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central hotel

Define central...also time of year, days of the week make a difference. If you are willing to get a place at least as far out as the Garden Ring, you may have some chance in this price range (although the "family rooms" - do you mean more of a suite? - may make this less likely.

Lots of folks rent apartments. You can start checking here at TA for experiences, etc. and or check out "vacation rentals". Either way, from what I have read, a bit of a mixed bag. Also, if your stay is > 7 business days, you will need to make sure you address required "registration" with the Federal Migration Services (when you stay in a hotel, the hotel takes care of all of this).

Mentioned in this post
Garden Ring Hotel
Garden Ring Hotel
520 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
285 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central hotel

By family room I mean a room that can take 2 adults and 2 teenagers. And by central I mean close to tourist sites-Kremlin, Red Square etc. We will be staying in Moscow for 6 days end of June/early July.

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Central hotel

Good further details. As for timing, this will be peak summer season, which tends to make prices higher. As for near Red Square, etc. for any kind of price less than $300 for hotel, you are likely looking at either a 15-30 minute walk, or, more reasonably, use of Metro. If you can get "comfortable" with using the Metro to come and go for your daily excursions, you can maybe find places a little further out for a lower price range.

I would for sure check out rentals, though...

Mentioned in this post
Moscow Metro
Moscow Metro
13,174 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
285 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Central hotel

Which areas outside the centre would you suggest that are a 20 minute walk away or easily accessible to Metro? I'm ok with either walking or using metro.

Mentioned in this post
Moscow Metro
Moscow Metro
13,174 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Central hotel

I suggest going to a "general" web hotel consolidator site, and using their map to see general locations. As you look at the map of Moscow, it somewhat follows the concept of rings - on your hotel map, look for the "Garden Ring" - any places there or somewhat closer in will be within your walking distance.

Actually, any hotel worth even considering better be within a 10 minute walk of a Metro, and pretty much all lines converge in the center.

I also know there are several hotels a bit further out near a place called Izmailovo - think they are called Gamma, Delta, and Vega (the latter now being a Best Western). These tend to have very cheap prices, are near a souvenir market some folks like to visit, and is about 25 minutes of the city center - between short walk to the Metro - Partizanskaya Station and the actual ride in - straight shot- 5 stops on the Dark Blue Line. I am not a huge fan of being this far out as I like to be able to wander around frequently, but this may meet your needs. Do a search here at TA for further reviews, opinions, etc...

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Garden Ring Hotel
Garden Ring Hotel
520 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
Moscow Metro
Moscow Metro
13,174 Reviews
Moscow, Russia