We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa application - 10 years of holidays

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
visa application - 10 years of holidays

My wife and I are just completing the online visa applications and have got to the part where you have to list ALL your previous trips abroad for a period of 10 years. Is this really necessary? Do we have to remember and list every trip abroad during that period? What happens if we miss a few, will it cause any problems? Thanks in advance.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa application - 10 years of holidays

What most people do is just list the countries easily traceable by stamps in your passport.

PS The sole reason they even ask you this is because the UK asks Russian applicants the same question. I recently applied for a UK visa, got tired of filling this part in and quit after listing ten most recently visited countries (the total for ten years would have been at least twenty). Guess what - I still got my visa. Nobody is even reading your application - the whole visa thing is a way for our respective governments to piss off each other.

Edited: 29 December 2013, 14:01
2. Re: visa application - 10 years of holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:18