We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novotel Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya or Holiday Inn lesnaya

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Novotel Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya or Holiday Inn lesnaya

Novotel Moscow City

4.0 of 5

Add to trip

Can anyone advise which of these two is most preferable from the view of Location and ease of travel to tourist sights?

Thank You

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Novotel Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya or Holiday Inn lesnaya

I vote for Lesnaya - it is not far from the main Moscow street - Tverskaya which is central to everything. The other hotel is stuck in the middle of some office park...

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Novotel Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya or Holiday Inn lesnaya

Ditto...if I am not wrong, it is also very close to the Belorusski train/Metro stations...where the Aeroexpress comes in just in case you fly into Sheremetyevo...

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,765 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Novotel Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya or Holiday Inn lesnaya

I wouldn't call the City "some office park" - it's a legit attraction of its own and relatively close to, say, Victory Park and one of the most picturesque stretches of the Moskva river. The metro connection is not much worse than from Lesnaya.

It basically boils down to whether you'd prefer to stay in a historical or an ultra-modern area.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Novotel Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya or Holiday Inn lesnaya

My bad (though I did not go on to make the mistake of dissing the other place!)...I missed that this was "the City"...agree 1000% this is definitely NOT some office park...so, excellent point about more about your "style" preference!

Edited: 17 January 2014, 12:23
Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Novotel Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya or Holiday Inn lesnaya

thank you all for this information. Can anyone advise what time does the Moscow Metro / underground close, I don't expect its 24 hour?

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Novotel Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya or Holiday Inn lesnaya

One a.m.

7. Re: Novotel Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya or Holiday Inn lesnaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:20