We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester. U.K.
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

We are staying at the Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel for 3 nights in July. The hotel is booked as part of a tour so I don't need advice on that. Does anyone know of good mid-priced places to eat within about 10 minutes walk? They would preferably be tourist friendly as my Russian is currently non-existant, and I will be heavily depending on a phrase book and pointing at things.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,967 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

Must be brand new - didn't even know it was there. I'm afraid there's not a lot of tourist-friendly choices in the immediate vicinity and a 10 minutes walk won't even bring you to the nearest metro unless you run not walk... If you extend it to 15 minutes, you will find dozens if nof hundreds of places to eat with English menus closer to Belorussky station, on both sides of Leningradsky.

Edited: 20 January 2014, 04:37
Manchester. U.K.
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

Thanks for that Marassa. Is there a good on line restaurant guide you know of? what is the area round Belorussky station known as?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,967 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

> Is there a good on line restaurant guide you know of?

The only one I know in English is this very site - go to your hotel page by following the auto-link in your own message, click Interactive Map and explore. By the way, your hotel is shown in a wrong street there, but in the same general area.

> what is the area round Belorussky station known as?

Sorry, can't come up with a better name than "the area round Belorussky station", it's as good a name as any ;)

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

Radisson Blu sits inside the city block which experienced transformation from industrial corner into office space in recent years. So the restaurants there should be quite new, with the number of tourist reviews ranging from non-existent to very few.

TripAdvisor has a very good search page for restaurants linked to a map. Please use it http://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantSearch?q=Moscow%2C+Russia

With quick search I could find 3 places potentially worth visiting near the hotel:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g298484-d3…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g298484-d5…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g298484-d3…

At least you won't be hungry but as suggested by Marassa please explore the area near the train station.

Manchester. U.K.
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

Thanks for your advice. I will investigate further.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,967 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

> I could find 3 places

The first one is the hotel's own restaurant.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,660 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

This looks like a residential area in the side streets so don't expect too many restaurant options there. Belorusskaya metro which you are going to use anyway is a place to explore, going from there towards the Kremlin is Tverskay street which is the main street of the city.

PS: various establishment indicate their location by the closest metro station so "belorusskaya" = the area

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

To the point about being right near Tverskaya/main drag, if you expand your 10 minute walk requirement a wee bit , you will find quite a few places as you head down Tverskaya towards Red Square, Kremlin (South)...also, I seem to recall there were some trendy, hip type places on Bolshaia Gruzinskaya as you follow this eastwards, but can't recall exactly where they were...likely again more like a 15-20 minute walk.

Bottom line is you should do fine finding places to eat within walking distance...

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
458 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

Just head down Tverskaya. It will probably take you 15 minutes to walk there. Once you are there you'll find plenty of cafes (they serve hot food) and I saw one grocery store there too.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1o minutes walk from Radisson Blu Belorusskaya Hotel

Not to pile on, but assuming you can make it down to the Kremlin area, where Tverskaya dead ends, try hanging a left on the East side of Tverskaya 1 block before the dead end...this will be Kamegerski Lane...a very nice pedestrian walkway with lots of dining choices. This is also just a fun area to wander around as well as this turns into the famous Kuznetksi Most ...and an increasing number of streets in this area are being turned into pedestrian only zones.