We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14-hour transit in Moscow

Giza, Egypt
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
14-hour transit in Moscow

I am Egyptian, and I am having a 14-hour transit in Moscow ( SVO airport ). I wanted to ask if I can apply for a transit visa at the airport, is that possible? Also, if I want to visit the Kremlin walls and red square, how can I get there and go back to the airport?

If I want to stay at a hotel at the airport, what are the cheapest and most affordable ones ( at the airport )?

Thanks

Edited: 07 February 2014, 12:49
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,317 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14-hour transit in Moscow

> I wanted to ask if I can apply for a transit visa at the airport, is that possible?

No.

> Also, if I want to visit the Kremlin walls and red square, how can I get there and go back to the airport?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298484-s301/Moscow:R…

> If I want to stay at a hotel at the airport, what are the cheapest and most affordable ones ( at the airport )?

There are no cheap hotels at the airport. If you have no visa, you'll have to choose between Novotel SVO (ask for a visa-free room!) or V-Express in Terminal E (http://www.eng.v-exp.ru/). Unless Park Inn and the newly built Sheraton started offering visa-free accom as well.

Giza, Egypt
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14-hour transit in Moscow

Thanks a lot for your answers :)

3. Re: 14-hour transit in Moscow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 06:21