We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

I have an overnight flight from NY, then most of the day at SVO with an ongoing overnight flight to UB.

Does it take a lot of time and energy to go to the novohotel and back (as a transit passenger) ?

I am not familiar with the layout and am trying to decide the lounge versus the day hotel..

I have a business class ticket,

Thanks for any advice!!!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,448 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

Have you considered V-Express capsule hotel right in the Terminal E? This one can be rented by the hour and it takes no time and energy to get there.

New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

Thanks !!! I will look this up.

New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

It sounds like I would need to leave the transit area of terminal d according to the tripadvisor reviews...

If I were in terminal E it would be easy enough..

How hard is it to get to the novohotel ? I know that they take transit passengers,,,

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,448 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

Transit areas of terminals D, E and F are interconnected.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

Please read up first (at least here at TA - do a simple query) on Novotel...from the things I have read, this is a pretty bleak place and not a "fun" experience at all. if it were up to me, I would choose a lounge or the on airport short-term stay V-Express Marassa mentioned...

New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

Thanks everyone!!!

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

Marassa,

I do hate to bother you, but my family and I have a 5hr Layover in SVO from LAX in transit to BRU.

We land in SVO terminal D and catch our plane to BRU at terminal E.

I don't want to pay close to $800 in transit Visas BUT, I am very nervous about not acquiring them. Aeroflot doesn't give me much info. Should we get the visas?

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

What do you need visas for you you plan to stay in the transit area?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,448 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

> I don't want to pay close to $800 in transit Visas BUT, I am very nervous about not acquiring them. Aeroflot doesn't give me much info. Should we get the visas?

Being very nervous has a negative effect on quality of life, so of course get the visas, even though Aeroflot and about a gazillion posts in this forum make it crystal clear that you don't need them if you don't leave the airport transit area. Russia is entering a recession and I am sure your generous donation of close to $800 will be appreciated.

10. Re: 7 hour layover in SVO ..day hotel versus lounges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:16