We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

Is there anything in particular you would recommend to try? The only Russian dishes I know is Beef Stroganoff and Blinis.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

That's pretty much what blinis are! As for where you can find them, all over, but one of the easier, quicker, cheaper places is a chain called "Teremok"...this is also covered under "where to eat" under Top Questions.

Note that blini can have a wide variety of fillings...from mushrooms, cheese, meats, to more "dessert/fruit" type fillings...

22. Re: What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 14:58
New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

Teremok serves paper thin crepes if I recall.

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

I have tried the blinis at Teremok a couple of times. They are good (I like the "email" one). Are the yeast blinis not Russian?

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

Russian blinis are yeast pancakes but I haven't seen them in ages and I sorely miss them. Perhaps they don't lend themselves to being mass produced the way crepes are.

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

Go to France - they are sold in every French supermarket ;) That's where I got my taste for them. When I lived there a favourite was Blinis with Smoked Salmon and creme fraîche.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

I will be on thet next Concorde out )))

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

Borsch!!! You should also try Georgian food while there also.

Basque Country
Level Contributor
97 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

My father has brought various delicacies from Moscow and Saint Petersburg. I can't wait to try them again on the ground.

I prepare quite a yummy borsch myself, although I'm positive a Russian would pour it over my head ;-)

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: What Russian cuisine would you recommend to try?

If you can find the proper ingredients in your country and you are a good cooker you can always try to experiment something following some Russian receipts. http://www.ruscuisine.com/