We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM issues

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
457 posts
274 reviews
Save Topic
ATM issues

I keep reading there re some problems with foreigners accessing money at the moment using visa is this true? Can you just use your normal atm card (mine is Australian) and what is the daily limit please

I did a quick search but had no luck

Thank you

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,765 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM issues

> I keep reading there re some problems with foreigners accessing money at the moment using visa is this true?

Where are you reading this? There is ONE Russian bank whose cards are blocked by VISA and MasterCard, that's all!

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM issues

I am also not aware there is any meaningful daily limit imposed by Russian - or any ATMs. You will likely find a per withdrawal limit of 8000 to 10000 rubles, but you would just then re-insert your card.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM issues

Your bank probably will impose a daily withdrawal limit on your ATM card - how much will depend on your bank.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM issues

Oops..forgot to add this statement. Having said that, make sure you let your bank know you are traveling to Russia, else they might see withdrawals as potential fraud, and either reject, or grab your card....

5. Re: ATM issues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 06:15