We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM machine in Moscow

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
401 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
ATM machine in Moscow

I would like to ask experts here about what kind of ATM machines are available in Russia, Union Pay or Plus, kindly advise me so I can arrange accordingly. Many thanks for any info

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM machine in Moscow

The most popular cards accepted everywhere are Visa and Mastercard. A brief google search in Russian says Union Pay cards are accepted in over 30000 ATMs in Moscow, so maybe not every ATM will take it but you run a good chance of finding one.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
401 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM machine in Moscow

Thanks so much Marassa, that was a very useful info for me.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM machine in Moscow

Like in Hong Kong, every metro station has an ATM. Most of them accept Union pay, as well as most shops accept Union Pay

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM machine in Moscow

Call me paranoid, but I tend to stick to those ATMs associated with, if not literally "attached" to major banks. Beyond some Western banks with some presence in Moscow, this would be, to me, Sberbank, VTB24, Bank of Moscow, and Alpha Bank to name a few. While they may not have branches at every Metro, they do have offices all over Moscow...

Again, just me worrying about things like the machine swallowing my card for some reason. I like my chances of getting it back way better using this approach. But, beyond this, have found Russian ATMs to be very reliable.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
401 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM machine in Moscow

thanks for all the feedback. i hv noted all those banks. very useful info for me. me too i would much prefer to use,major banks.

6. Re: ATM machine in Moscow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Moscow