We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10hours in Moscow

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
10hours in Moscow

My friends and I have 10 hours during transit at SVO (6am-4pm)And I would like to visit Kremlin, Red Sq, St's Basil, Cathedral of christ the Saviour and beautiful metro.

Would you my to help me to choose which place I should to go first and later.

THANKS

Kolomenskoye Historical and Architectural Museum and Reserve
Churches & Cathedrals, Speciality Museums, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Christ The Savior Cathedral
Churches & Cathedrals, Sacred & Religious Sites
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10hours in Moscow

What date are you travelling on? Kremlin is closed on Thursdays, St.Basils on the first Wednesday of every month. Everything else on your list is visitable every day and is close to each other. The problem is that most sites open at 10am only (St.Basils at 11am), so when you reach the Moscow center around 8am, nothing will be open yet. You might start with Christ the Saviour Cathedral (Kropotkinskaya metro), even attend a morning service in its smaller "lower church", but I'm afraid you won't be able to enter the cathedral proper until 10am. You can walk along the river towards the Kremlin/Red Square then. You are supposed to be back at SVO by 2pm, so I guess you should leave the Red Square area no later than 1pm (metro Teatralnaya to Belorusskaya, then the Aeroexpress).

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10hours in Moscow

Dear Marassa,

Thanks a lots. I will arrive on Sunday May 20.My Flight will arrive at 6am and depart at 7.40pm.

Edited: 06 May 2014, 12:15
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10hours in Moscow

> I will arrive on Sunday May 20

What year? In this year May 20 is a Tuesday.

> My Flight will arrive at 6am and depart at 7.40pm.

Aha, so you have a lot more time then.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10hours in Moscow

Dear Malassa,

sorry arrive on Sunday may 25 :)

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10hours in Moscow

On Sunday there is a morning service in the main church of the Christ the Saviour at 10am. On one hand, you get to see an Orthodox service. On the other hand, walking around, talking and taking pictures during a service is not polite. So I really don't know if it's a good idea to visit the cathedral at that time.

As you seem to be especially interested in the metro, you can probably start with a grand tour of metro stations until 10am when the Kremlin opens, then visit Kremlin/Red Square/St.Basils, then see if you still got the time to visit Christ the Saviour.

Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10hours in Moscow

Seems to me that 10 hours is woefully inadequate for your itinerary. Assuming that you have a visa to actually enter Russia you have trips both ways through Immigration and Customs, a round-trip on Aeroexpress that is 70 minutes of riding plus any waits for the train, and a metro ride from the train station to Red Square just to get started. Just saying.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,629 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10hours in Moscow

> Seems to me that 10 hours is woefully inadequate for your itinerary

I beg to disagree. The itinerary as stated is pretty compact and perfectly doable.

> Assuming that you have a visa to actually enter Russia

Thai nationals don't need a visa for Russia.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10hours in Moscow

Dear Marassa,

Sound a good idea to travel in metro morning then to red square and Kremlin then cathedral and back to airport

Edited: 06 May 2014, 13:34
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 10hours in Moscow

A little hint - while going from Kremlin to Christ the Saviour (or vice versa) allocate a bit of extra time to walk along the opposite bank of the river via Bolshoy Kamenny Bridge, Patriarch Bridge and Bersenevskaya quay. This will give you the best pictures.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10hours in Moscow

Thanks for a hint, Avidclam

Edited: 06 May 2014, 14:24