We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow and St Petersburg Apartment Agent

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Moscow and St Petersburg Apartment Agent

Hi folks,

Having ditched my plans to do the Trans Siberian Express because it was giving me a headache, I am planning a two week trip in October - Moscow - St Petersburg - Helsinki. I've become a big fan of renting apartments over recent years and find them more favorable both price and facility wise to most hotels when in large cities.

Has anybody got any recent dealings with a Russian based apartment internet agency please? Ideally I want one that could provide visa assistance (LOIs) and be able to assist in both Moscow and St Petersburg to make life a little easier.

I'm an independent traveler so I'm not looking for anything flash - just somwhere cheap and cheerful near local transport links if not very close to the main tourist attractions

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow and St Petersburg Apartment Agent

I've used www.saint-petersburg.com (in St Pete) and Peace Travel (go-russia.com, in Moscow) and am happy to recommend both; they can also do visa support. In St Petersburg, I've also dealt with Irina of introbyirina.com - the apartment we wanted wasn't available, but she was very helpful and prompt at responding to enquiries.

I wouldn't discount ww.airbnb.com as well, though - you'll have to get your visa support docs from elsewhere but there's a great choice of apartments on there and some hosts may be happy to offer any help that you need during your stay. Reviews will let you know if that's the case! We've stayed in a few Airbnb properties with happy results and are planning to use it next year for our trip to Russia.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow and St Petersburg Apartment Agent

Peace does have apartment rentals in both cities. I used then a very long time ago but the reviews still seem good. They are pretty much a full-service agency. go-russia.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow and St Petersburg Apartment Agent

Great (and very quick!) responses, cheers guys.

Edited: 15 May 2014, 03:12
London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moscow and St Petersburg Apartment Agent

PS @ Halwimsey - I'd never heard of that Airbnb website!

Superb stuff - it may help me resolve a problem I am having getting an apartment in Tbilisi next month.

5. Re: Moscow and St Petersburg Apartment Agent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16