We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature inside restaurants, museums, etc.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Temperature inside restaurants, museums, etc.

I have read posts about the museums being hot during the winter but I'd like to know what they will be like in August. This past weekend, the restaurant and the theater I went to felt like the temp was in the low 40's while the temp outside was 80 - 85. I know it isn't a big deal for most but I just hate to have to carry extra "stuff" while I'm walking around a city.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,322 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temperature inside restaurants, museums, etc.

Most venues in Moscow are air-conditioned nowadays but not all. If it's not air-conditioned and it's hot outside then it will be even hotter inside obviously. If it's air-conditioned then it's likely to be comfortably warm but not hot inside, it's not customary to have AC on full blast here as is often the case in the US.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Temperature inside restaurants, museums, etc.

Thanks, Marassa. I have been using many of your posts as part of my planning for my trip.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temperature inside restaurants, museums, etc.

Agree 100% with Marassa (at least 98% always being wise!)... I am in Moscow every summer right about now, and find while indeed a large number of public places are air-conditioned, it is typically more shall we say "reasonable. My guess is while in US the temps in such places are well below 70, in Moscow, would be closer to maybe 75 - again, a sheer gut-feel guess.

4. Re: Temperature inside restaurants, museums, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:17